View Poll Results: What time for kids 3'rd birthday party?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weekend morning

7 63.64%
  • Weekend afternoon

4 36.36%
  • Weekday afternoon/early evening (date of birthday)

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    i would not worry about any other entertainment other than the jumping castle...have some old school things like an egg and spoon race/3 legged race/pass the parcel...then by the time they eat and have cake...it will all be done!

I would go simple food...sausages in buns on the bbq perfect for that age
    Don't do pass the parcel until the age of 5 at least. We did it for my ds's 5th birthday and it was a complete disaster with lots of tears and confusion. Not worth the angst.

I'd just let them run around in the backyard with some balls, use a bubble machine for bubble fun, maybe have playdough on a table and paper and crayons for drawing/colouring fun. All of that is pretty cheap.

As for food just do fairy bread, frankfurts (maybe in little rolls, but not necessarily), mini pizzas (cook from frozen) and fruit & jelly in plastic cups for dessert with the cake.

Definitely morning too. Some 3yo's have afternoon naps and it's not worth trying to have a party during nap time - could end in disaster.

And keep it simple. 3yo's won't even remember the party for long, they are still pretty little. And I'm another one that hates playcentres.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou! Well it would be all the toddlers from his daycare plus a few others so I'm expecting up to 25 kids! So the jumping castle plus I really want balloon animals/clown thing, but not games so much (ptp etc) as I doubt they'll participate. I think they'll just run amok! They nap around 12-1 so I'm thinking morning is best in case he decides not to (highly likely due to excitement).

I don't like play centres at all (they do my head in) but DS loves them! But I really do want a home party as its just nicer and I think DS will get all excited during set-up etc.

omg it's going to cost me so much! Def not doing this every year!

Thanks so much all for your advice.