View Poll Results: What time for kids 3'rd birthday party?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weekend morning

7 63.64%
  • Weekend afternoon

4 36.36%
  • Weekday afternoon/early evening (date of birthday)

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Kids 3'rd birthday party?

Also:1. If you chose a weekend party, sat or sun?2. Preferred venue (home or play centre)?I'm stuck, help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Saturday. That leaves Sunday as a chill out day.

Depends on your budget, availability, what the play centre is like.
    Or, if at home what's your home like? Is there plenty of room for a bunch of 3 year olds to run around?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    Saturday. That leaves Sunday as a chill out day.

Depends on your budget, availability, what the play centre is like.
    Or, if at home what's your home like? Is there plenty of room for a bunch of 3 year olds to run around?

Plenty of room - big backyard, would get jumping castle and entertainment but I'm a bit worried about all the organising and cost could be much more than play centre private party(?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't really enjoy playcentre parties...i find them draining and stressful lol

If you have a house that lends itself well to parties...these can be fabulous. Simple games and lots of room to run about is all they really need.

I find 3 year olds still tend to get ratty when tired so I would opt for morning.

I have done Sundays with lots of success but the last Sunday morning party I threw i had 2 people comment about it clashing with church and seemed a bit put out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by eMBe View Post
    Plenty of room - big backyard, would get jumping castle and entertainment but I'm a bit worried about all the organising and cost could be much more than play centre private party(?)
    i would not worry about any other entertainment other than the jumping castle...have some old school things like an egg and spoon race/3 legged race/pass the parcel...then by the time they eat and have cake...it will all be done!

I would go simple food...sausages in buns on the bbq perfect for that age

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    i would not worry about any other entertainment other than the jumping castle...have some old school things like an egg and spoon race/3 legged race/pass the parcel...then by the time they eat and have cake...it will all be done!

I would go simple food...sausages in buns on the bbq perfect for that age
    Agree, I wouldn't go 'all out'. If you have a jumping castle the kids will go nuts with excitement. Maybe set up a play-dough table or painting table as well. It sounds like you have a good size back yard so make the most of it OP.

As for food, simple and colourful. Fruit kebabs (I saw someone on here mention using paddle pop sticks so no pointy bits), jelly cups, fairy bread, mini pizzas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everybody! Really good advice and tips here! I honestly thought people would prefer a Sunday as Saturdays are usually so busy with other kids sports etc. sat morning suits me though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We always do Sunday parties as most of our friends- family work on Saturdays and a lot of the kids do have sport, my DS is 3 this year and we will do what we did last year - simple games, treasure hunt, we have a jumping castle, pool, heaps of outdoor toys and that was plenty to keep them entertained! I'm saving the performers/animal farm/pony rides or play centres etc until he is a little older - i love home kids parties so try and take advantage of them while they are little!
    we usually say on the invite from 11am and do lunch. , we do the cake at about 1pm so those with kids who need to nap or need to go can and the others just stay until they have had enough!
    We always pick a theme ( this year Cars) and decorate and make the food-cake around that theme , I find the kids are usually having too much fun to eat much but it's the adults that love the party food!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like Sundays for kids birthdays. The only reason I would have a party at a play centre is if its in the middle of winter and it might be wet. There's no way I'd have a bunch of kiddies running around destroying inside lol. The bouncy castle sounds great! I'm getting some one to come and do face painting for ds1 3rd birthday. You could also have a cup cake decorating table. Messy but fun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would prefer to attend a weekend afternoon. I don't care which day.