+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Can you tell what position your baby is in?

I'm almost 38 weeks pregnant and my baby has been head down for weeks now. I'm trying to work out which way he's facing as I had a posterior labour with my first DS. I've looked at he Spinning Babies website a few times but I'm just not sure of what I'm feeling. Has anyone else been able to map their baby's position?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could tell with DD. She was head down with her back running down my left side. Her bum sat to the left side of my ribs and her feet were under the right side of my ribs. I could tell this because the bum felt like a big triangular firm lump and I could feel her feet jammed under my ribs on the right and when she kicked I'd often see/feel it in this area. Also when she had hiccups they always felt low down in my belly so I knew she was head down. I'd only ever feel soft movements low on the right which I think were her hands. Have fun trying to figure it out and then get your ob/dr/midwife to check for you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mjk For This Useful Post:

Electric Boogaloo  (13-06-2013)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have no idea what position this baby is in the last 2 midwifes have said breech so I'm having a scan on Tuesday some days it feels like head down but then sometimes I feel like the head is up top

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

Electric Boogaloo  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mjk View Post
    I could tell with DD. She was head down with her back running down my left side. Her bum sat to the left side of my ribs and her feet were under the right side of my ribs. I could tell this because the bum felt like a big triangular firm lump and I could feel her feet jammed under my ribs on the right and when she kicked I'd often see/feel it in this area. Also when she had hiccups they always felt low down in my belly so I knew she was head down. I'd only ever feel soft movements low on the right which I think were her hands. Have fun trying to figure it out and then get your ob/dr/midwife to check for you
    Thanks for this. I think I've figured it out now too, from your descriptions. My ob confirmed what I was thinking today too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mjk View Post
    Yep this was exactly my DS.

My body was trying to turn him during contractions - I'd have a contraction then have another peak very quickly. He ended up turning around on my way to the birth suite at the start of active labour! Nothing I did prior to labour helped.

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Obstetrician told me at last check up...after he explained it it made sense and now i can kinda feel which bits a what....bubba is head down in anterior position. probs why the movements feel more internal like kickin my ribs, etc... :-)

Sent from my GT-P7320T using The Bub Hub mobile app