+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Since childhood, I was adamant that I didn't want any children or marriage and once I met dh that all changed. I suddenly had this overwhelming feeling of wanting a child... Now I want 4
    This. Exactly this. I had absolutely no desire to have a child whatsoever. Until I met DP and then I just had this emptiness and yearning inside me that screamed at me that I wanted children and the time was right. It wasn't until I was 33 years old mind you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Since childhood, I was adamant that I didn't want any children or marriage and once I met dh that all changed. I suddenly had this overwhelming feeling of wanting a child... Now I want 4
    I was the same, I didnt ever want kids. Or to get married or settle down. Then I met DH. Took him over 4 years to convince me to have our first baby, we now have 3 and im done.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    I didn't want kids at all until my husband. Even then I was in no hurry bc I didn't really like kids. I wanted a family (grown-up kids) but didn't know if I would enjoy being a mother. But I was turning 30 & we'd just got married and I didn't want to wait any longer than 30 if I was going to do it. So I just closed my eyes and jumped. Best idea ever. When my son was born everything changed. And loving my own child made me appreciate all children and now I also love spending time with other people's kids (when previously I found them incredibly annoying). I still prefer my peace and quiet and I'm not great at entertaining my son but I don't have to be. He's got Dad, day care, playmates, himself and soon a sibling. And I try my best, just a bit less energetic. You just don't know what it's going to be like for you until it happens. I'm a much better mother than I thought I would be.
    This is pretty much me too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually always thought I'm not meant for children until my sister had two and I got to spend lots of time watching them grow from babies to cute little girls. And when I saw how quick they learn and that it depends on the parents how they will grow up, I just knew that I had to have one of my own, because I wanted to raise a child the way my parents never raised me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didnt want kids, actually I thought people with kids were insane lol
    then one day I woke up and just had the urge that I was ready and should have a baby,

there is never really a 'right' time to have one, if you wat for the right time you'll never have one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have always wanted a family. I had a girls name picked when I was 15 (which i now hate, and no i wasn't the type to try get pregnant as a teen) and when i met my man i just knew he was 'the one'. my son was born just before i turned 22, and he is the best thing that has ever happened to us. It was everything i imagined and more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm a person that worries about finances, stability etc. Once I was in my early 30's and had reached my goals (stable job, own home, had travelled) that's when the inkling to have a kid really took hold.

Are you in a happy and stable place in your life? If you are and you don't feel the urge yet then perhaps you aren't ready for kids (yet).

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I always swore I didn't want kids.
    People told me I'd regret it if I didn't. My response was always that I could live with that, what I couldn't live with was regretting having kids after the fact.
    I dated a lot of douches so it's possibly why I thought that way.
    But also, like others, I wanted financial stability, my own home before kids and those things didn't happen until my 30s.
    I met DF and 18 months in we agreed to have a baby. 6 months after that we actually tried at the right time in my cycle and along came DS when we were both 35

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    As @GucciDahling said, I was adamant I never wanted kids. People said I would change my mind when the group started having kids (it didn't), when I met a man who had kids (dated 4- one for over 2 years, nope not my thing), and a list of other things. None of which were true.

Then I met DH, I saw him with DSS and DSD. We moved in together after a few weeks of dating. He started talking about kids, I said ask me again in a year... but it was in the back of my head. He asked again. I said yes, but lets try when the kids are in school. Fast forward to 2013, we were not financially stable. 2014 all good, got Implanon removed. DH quit his job, on hold.
    Dec 2014 off we go again.
    He asked over and over all the time.
    I love seeing him with kids. I love the thought of giving him more kids.
    But I still don't think I want them for me, IYKWIM.... So, I was kinda right. i never said I wouldn't have kids... lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's how things usually go... You see how wonderful kids are and you want some of your own.