+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    No. Just no. That is utterly ridiculous. I highly doubt my DP will even be spending that much for his outfit for OUR wedding. In my opinion, if brides and grooms want expensive things, it's up to them to fund it. It's not up to you to clear out your bank account or dip into your hard earned savings you saved for your family to fund part of someone else's wedding.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Uh-Oh  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    I think $0 is reasonable. YOU are doing THEM a favour by attending/being in their wedding, not the other way around. Why do people getting married think that the whole world stops for them?? I just don't get it.
    So true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uh-Oh View Post
    DH is $760. This does include EVERYTHING. But he really has no need for a red bow tie or pocket chief or vest. The suit is a basic black (but slim fit) so can't go wrong but he has 2 other suits he already owns he would wear over a basic black, he hates the shoes and the one thing he does like -the shirt I could buy for him from Roger David.
    That is insane!!!! A reasonable amount I would say would have been about $200ish....

For my wedding and all weddings I have been a part of we have always collectively as the bridal party come up with a budget that suited everyone.

especially after spending so much on actually getting to the wedding... insane!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dbl post!
    Last edited by Uh-Oh; 12-06-2013 at 17:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    I think $0 is reasonable. YOU are doing THEM a favour by attending/being in their wedding, not the other way around. Why do people getting married think that the whole world stops for them?? I just don't get it.

I would personally tell them that I couldn't afford it and ask for a less expensive option, or respectfully excuse myself from the bridal party.

I would love to, but I think we've left it to late. DH was in shock at the fitting and just went along, and to be honest it's not worth the family fall out :-( DH is the oldest of 3 sisters... The grief it would cost is worth the $800 to spend :-(
    Last edited by Uh-Oh; 12-06-2013 at 18:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone is different but personally, if I was asking my bridal party to travel far for my wedding, I would ensure I cover as much of their other costs as possible I.e. dress, suit, shoes etc. it is so unfair to expect them to pay for accommodation, flights etc. plus clothing in order to be involved in your wedding. Arghh weddings, it brings the worst and best in ppl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I would love to, but I think we've left it to late. DH was in shock at the fitting and just went along, and to be honest it's not worth the family fall out :-( DH is the oldest of 3 sisters... The grief it would cost is worth the $800 to spend :-(
    What a pain I sometimes wonder whether people realise that people are in predicaments when it comes to weddings and hence have no issues acting like spoiled brats who are 'owed' because they are having a wedding? Blergh. The whole culture around weddings gives me the shiats. I'm planning mine but with the intention that the onus is on DP and I to fund it, no expectations of gifts and anything offered is a lovely gesture.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH is $760. This does include EVERYTHING. But he really has no need for a red bow tie or pocket chief or vest. The suit is a basic black (but slim fit) so can't go wrong but he has 2 other suits he already owns he would wear over a basic black, he hates the shoes and the one thing he does like -the shirt I could buy for him from Roger David.
    Holy cr@p!!! That is ridiculously rude to pick something of that price. I think no more than $200 IMO.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

Uh-Oh  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm thinking $300-400 but I'd have no issues paying more if it was for a siblings wedding or best friend.

My brother is getting married in Oct with Dh a groomsman and both kids flower girls. I'm not fussed as to the limit to what we will spend on clothing, make up, hair, accessories, shoes etc

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Uh-Oh  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    What a pain I sometimes wonder whether people realise that people are in predicaments when it comes to weddings and hence have no issues acting like spoiled brats who are 'owed' because they are having a wedding? Blergh. The whole culture around weddings gives me the shiats. I'm planning mine but with the intention that the onus is on DP and I to fund it, no expectations of gifts and anything offered is a lovely gesture.
    Your plans sound like how DH & I's went. I paid for all my bridal party outfits ( though I had a tiny bridal party!), we didn't mention or want any gifts or wishing wells, though some (most) of our lovely friends did buy generous gifts. But what we did have was an amazing day spent with our friends and family :-)

Oh sil doesn't want physical gifts, though $$$ would be their preferred option..