+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We paid for BM dresses and best man suit rental etc they paid their own accom. (Like £50 each)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    So almost 800 bucks just to buy a suit and shoes your DH hates? it's really selfish to choose such an expensive suit! you can buy basic but nice ones for $300? Are you in the bridal party as well? I think it's pretty obscene to expect people to part with 3k+ for their wedding. If they want $800 suits THEY should pay for them!

The couple sound very high maintenance, I feel bad for you
    No, I'm not... What surprise me though is the bridesmaids are costing $35 off eBay! Yet groomsmen are $760!

SIL wanted to order DS1s whilst there, who is a page boy. But it was going to cost $180 plus shoes, I'm sure I can buy cheaper on eBay plus I have no idea what he'll grow between now & then.

But it's ok... Cos she has bought the boys socks... Of all the things I could of covered I'm sure socks were one of them lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally for out wedding we covered all costs.

However I have been a bridesmaid several times and have had to sometimes only pay for the dress but in the other instances I have had to pay for everything from dress, hair, make up plus it was a destination so accommodation etc.

But I always ask what I will be paying for before accepting the role because I know everyone has a different idea on what is fair.

I also feel that it is their day so I very supportive of whatever they want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy Bee For This Useful Post:

Uh-Oh  (12-06-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Personally, I think that the there should be little, if any, expense for the bridal party. If the bride and groom want certain things then they should be the ones to pay for them.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (12-06-2013),LoveLivesHere  (12-06-2013),Mathermy  (12-06-2013),Uh-Oh  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you are paying for it yourselves as the bride and groom the sky is the limit if you can afford it, we made some outrageous choices but got exactly what we wanted. But we paid every darn cent ourselves!

I think choosing expensive things and expecting others to pay for it is gross, and disrespectful to what are supposed to be your favorite people.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (12-06-2013),Uh-Oh  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
    Personally for out wedding we covered all costs.

However I have been a bridesmaid several times and have had to sometimes only pay for the dress but in the other instances I have had to pay for everything from dress, hair, make up plus it was a destination so accommodation etc.

But I always ask what I will be paying for before accepting the role because I know everyone has a different idea on what is fair.

I also feel that it is their day so I very supportive of whatever they want.
    That's were we went wrong :-( I know it's the norm to pay, I have no probs with that, I should of asked outright how much we were looking at :-( lesson learnt!

To be fair though I thought $300 for DH was being pretty reasonable in my head.. I didn't think it would even go over that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    Personally, I think that the there should be little, if any, expense for the bridal party. If the bride and groom want certain things then they should be the ones to pay for them.
    Lol that was me! I was very specific in what I wanted therefore bought everything for them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Uh-Oh View Post
    But it's ok... Cos she has bought the boys socks... Of all the things I could of covered I'm sure socks were one of them lol!
    Wow last of the big spenders I would tell her you are going to buy it off ebay. The chances of your DS being a page boy again before he grows out of it is next to none.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Uh-Oh  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Wow last of the big spenders I would tell her you are going to buy it off ebay. The chances of your DS being a page boy again before he grows out of it is next to none.
    Lol, delirium, we are in Darwin (wedding is in Perth) the chances of him keeping his pants or shoes on longer than the ceremony are slim to none!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think $0 is reasonable. YOU are doing THEM a favour by attending/being in their wedding, not the other way around. Why do people getting married think that the whole world stops for them?? I just don't get it.

I would personally tell them that I couldn't afford it and ask for a less expensive option, or respectfully excuse myself from the bridal party.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

delirium  (12-06-2013),LoveLivesHere  (12-06-2013),Uh-Oh  (12-06-2013)