+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Almost 3 year old wont toilet train

For sometime now we have been trying to toilet train ds. At first he was really good. Took to it perfectly. It was hard to keep up with it as I was at work and ds was looked after by family that were not consistent with it. I feel that this was the source of the problem. Had we kept with it we wouldnt have this problem. While back on maternity leave he was doing great again and only a few accidents and then dd came along...back to nappies! We are back to half and half but some days ds refuses to wear undies and has melt down if he isnt wearing a pull up and as soon as he has one on he does a mess. I know he can do this. He is ready. He has done it all before. I have tried treats and stickers. We have even sat down and asked him why he wont use the toilet. He just seems lazy. Pulling my hair out. Any advice??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing. I'm trying to TT my 3 year old.
    You just need to relax and not make it stressful. They will do it when ready, even if they seam ready and aren't getting it, try no to stress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you tried getting rid of the pull-ups - ie letting him know, this is the last pullup and we don't have any more in the house so you will have to wear undies when this one is used.

Also try undies with a favourite character on them - my youngest DD had boys cars undies, she had seen the movie at her cousins house and was into them at the time.

It is so frustrating! My middle DD TT herself just before her 2nd birthday, DD3 was still struggling at 3, and even now at 5 will wet herself if I don't remind her to go.

Goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try to relax. This is definitively easier said than done!
    My Ds1 is 3.5 years and wees in toilet but refuses to poo in toilet. Nothing we do can convince him. CC keep saying it will click for him one day. I'm hoping they are right. I think it's a control issue for him.

Good luck. Just try to not stress out or let you child know you are stressing. This makes things easier and tbh it isn't worth the heartache.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies. I know I shouldnt get frustrated at him.

We talked to him this afternoon again and he said he just wants his nappies. We have bought every character underwear possible but that still doesnt make a difference.

I guess we will just keep persiting.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app