Closed Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Interestingly the owner of the restaurant has come forward to say that while a member of staff put this pic of the menu on their Facebook, it was never distributed at the dinner.

Is that menu still indicative of the liberal party??????

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

Father  (12-06-2013),VicPark  (12-06-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    Is anyone going to admit to having even a tiny giggle? I think the sentiment is revolting and so so juvenile, but I will admit to having a little laugh, some of it is kinda witty.
    I spread the love both ways though, I also laugh when people make jokes or draw caricatures of Abbott in his teeny little speedos with massive ears.
    Honestly, no. I love a good fart joke and the humour in this house makes a 13 year old boys jokes sound sophisticated but, no, I was just appauled when I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Interestingly the owner of the restaurant has come forward to say that while a member of staff put this pic of the menu on their Facebook, it was never distributed at the dinner.

Well it was writen, and formatted and was obviously printed. Who cares if an adviser poo-poo'd it before it landed on the table, they still had the terrible taste, direspect and poor judgement to write it in the first place.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

delirium  (12-06-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would love to know how such a smart, articulate woman as Julie Bishop can stand as deputy to Abbott. Maybe it's because she is a "loyal girl"....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1371032937.638668.jpg

What a load of BS!

Mal Brough wouldn't have apologised. This happened on 28th March!

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (12-06-2013),beebs  (12-06-2013),MilkingMaid  (13-06-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (13-06-2013),RobinSparkles  (12-06-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (12-06-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you

Even if as they state it was never distributed, the fact that someone sat down and wrote it is indicative of the deep rooted misogyny that is part of main ****** Australia - somehow that's even worse than it just been localised to the Liberal party.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (13-06-2013),Mod-pegasus  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It is deeply offensive that once again a woman is being demeaned about the way she looks. Let's just stop sending the message that women should feel insecure and self-conscious about our bodies even when our achievements are extraordinary. It's bullsh*t.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MMelissa For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (13-06-2013)

and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure you'll believe what you like, the same as I believe there's a pretty good chance liberal party members never saw it. Sure, mal brough apologized for it, doesn't mean he had anything to do with it. It was pretty abhorrent.

The date pretty much shows its been strutted out to lessen Gillards speech from yesterday. You just need to watch a couple of political shows (eg. The good wife) to see how the party members have people always looking for stuff to discredit the other party.

Spg, because it appeared on someone's Facebook page, doesn't mean it was endorsed by the party. In fact even before the restaurant owner came forward the news was saying the source was unsubstantiated and they didn't know if it had got to the table
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 13-06-2013 at 01:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    Even if as they state it was never distributed, the fact that someone sat down and wrote it is indicative of the deep rooted misogyny that is part of main ****** Australia - somehow that's even worse than it just been localised to the Liberal party.
    I totally agree with this bec. People are always looking for others to blame instead of realizing bad behaviour is rife in main****** life. It makes it easier to say "that's just them, we wouldn't do it".

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

The cynic in me says that is rather convenient. If it never happened, why has Mal Brough apologised? Sorry, but after reading so much about what Abbott and co have put the PM through (I'm not talking politics but gender based harassment here) I look on the whole "oh, I didn't see it, I don't remember, it didn't get handed out" with a very jaundiced eye.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-06-2013),BigRedV  (12-06-2013),Busy-Bee  (12-06-2013),delirium  (12-06-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    It's not just one man though. There are enough conservatives who would back him. It's not likely, sure, but I would not put it past him to try, and this is enough for me to know he is not a suitable leader for my country.
    Abbott may have condemned the menu but he continues to endorse Brough, which I find quite telling. Gillard is calling for Brough to be disendorsed and I totally agree. You can't tell me thy didn't know how sexist and offensive it was.
    Yes I can. They didn't even see it.

The letter to Mal from the chairman of the restaurant:

Dear Mal,

I have been following the rubbish that has been on the news today. I would like to confirm what actually happened: there were never any menus distributed on the tables or in the restaurant. I created a mock menu myself as a light-hearted joke, however as I said I never produced them for public distribution. Unfortunately a staff member saw the mock menu, and unbeknownst to myself, posted it on their facebook. It now appears that a third party for political reasons has distributed it, yet I can reassure you that no such menu was distributed on the night. As you know no one at the dinner was privy to such a menu, and it is so unfortunate that an in-house joke between myself and my son has caused you great problems and embarrassment.

Regards,
    Joe Richards
    Chairman

It's amazing how quick the Left is to jump down the throats of others.
    How anyone can connect this to Abbott amazes me. Let us all blame everything on Abbott! He is obviously so evil.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Father For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (12-06-2013)