Closed Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    Thanks!

Trying to work out how to share...
    On Facebook, go to the Destroy the Joint page and share the post from there

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

harvs  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tildy View Post
    I find it seriously disturbing that they find it ok to attack Julia in gender based ways. It doesn't happen to men. How are women still having to fight for equality? Its just wrong.
    As a broader issue, I think we need to be more supportive of our own gender before we can expect the rest of the population to be. A lot of the severity and critique of women comes from other women.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eMBe For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-06-2013),Benji  (12-06-2013),Busy-Bee  (12-06-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (13-06-2013),trustno1  (12-06-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    Is anyone going to admit to having even a tiny giggle? I think the sentiment is revolting and so so juvenile, but I will admit to having a little laugh, some of it is kinda witty.
    I spread the love both ways though, I also laugh when people make jokes or draw caricatures of Abbott in his teeny little speedos with massive ears.
    But there's nothing funny about it. The message I get from it is those that wrote and/or endorsed it are displaying an extremely misogynistic attitude. I would put it on a par with jokes about DV or sexual violence.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    You do understand that they had to agree to that tax to retain the support of the greens and retain power, right? It's not even comparable to the GST which was introduced in direct opposition to Howard's promises (which he rode to election victory) for no reason other than Howard and his party wanted it.
    I really don't get that - how is it any better that she went back on an election promise to buy votes/power. She either lied from the beginning or went back on her principals to appease another party. I don't see how that makes her any more trustworthy?

I'm not trying to pick anything I really don't get it???

Also I think that menu was deplorable- whether Toby Abbott was forced to or not he did condemn it.

I am not Abbotts greatest fan but I do think the liberal party are better at the economy than Labour. Personal opinion.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    Is anyone going to admit to having even a tiny giggle? I think the sentiment is revolting and so so juvenile, but I will admit to having a little laugh, some of it is kinda witty.
    I spread the love both ways though, I also laugh when people make jokes or draw caricatures of Abbott in his teeny little speedos with massive ears.
    Nope. Almost everyone I know was outraged by it. I'm not a serious person at all but I see nothing funny about it. It was Completely disgusting.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    I really don't get that - how is it any better that she went back on an election promise to buy votes/power. She either lied from the beginning or went back on her principals to appease another party. I don't see how that makes her any more trustworthy?

Also I think that menu was deplorable- whether Toby Abbott was forced to or not he did condemn it.

I am not Abbotts greatest fan but I do think the liberal party are better at the economy than Labour. Personal opinion.
    Unfortunately it isn't as simple as buying votes. Had Liberal managed to swing preferences and ended up with the majority last election, they would have had to go back on many promises too. T

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (12-06-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    History, however, actually points to the ALP being better at managing the economy. There is also more to running a country than managing the economy.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (12-06-2013),babybabycakes  (12-06-2013),beebs  (12-06-2013),BigRedV  (12-06-2013),delirium  (12-06-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

First off, she had not ruled out a carbon pricing scheme, just a carbon tax. She could not have foreseen the election result and the circumstances that lead to her having to change her decision. (Also, Abbot himself suggested a carbon tax back in 2009, something I don't hear him mention when calling Gillard a liar etc.)
    She had to sacrifice one promise to gain the support of the greens and the independents. who is to say Abbot wouldnt/wont do the same? making a deal with another party isnt new in Australian politics. In her shoes, I'd have done the same, knowing her party and she herself were the better team for the job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (12-06-2013),beebs  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

i would have to disagree.
    Anyone good at protecting the Australian the economy will know that taking care of people ensuring they are well (free medical care) well educated (great public education) and will help stop the ever widening gap between the rich and poor. If people don't have money they can't help boost the economy.

Moreover, I am disgusted at level of sexism in this country and in our politics.
    I would never vote for Abbott.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (12-06-2013),beebs  (12-06-2013)

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast