Closed Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    It's not just one man though. There are enough conservatives who would back him. It's not likely, sure, but I would not put it past him to try, and this is enough for me to know he is not a suitable leader for my country.
    Abbott may have condemned the menu but he continues to endorse Brough, which I find quite telling. Gillard is calling for Brough to be disendorsed and I totally agree. You can't tell me thy didn't know how sexist and offensive it was.
    And Joe Hockey claims he never saw it.

I find it hard to imagine he wouldn't have read the menu...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
    Abbott claims the party did not know about it or endorse it. Since this brings the LNP party into disrepute it should have a sanction involved. He should dump Brough from pre-selection on that basis.

I've gone from favouring one side to being a swing voter. Both parties look pretty pathetic at the moment.
    But Abbott continues to endorse Brough. Leading by (sexist) example, perhaps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    There were plenty of things Tony Abbott would've done to get into power, except he can't negotiate, apart from offering his ar$e!!!

He probably only condemned it because it is in the limelight, a bit like Alan Jones and the "died of shame" debacle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    This menu thing made me so rage-y that for the first time in my life I am trying to think of something I can do about it! Like organise a protest, or a boycott, or a mass complaint or...gah, anything! I'm spreading it as far as I can on Facebook but that's all I can think of.

I don't really care whether people vote Liberal or not, but I don't understand how women could vote for that party after seeing that without letting that party know somehow that they are seriously outraged.
    This was posted today by Destroy the Joint ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1371023841.259311.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it speaks volumes for the general climate within the party for someone, anyone to think that this would be acceptable & or appreciated. I don't think that incidents like this happen in a vacuum, you always pick your audience when you pull a stunt like that.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (12-06-2013),babybabycakes  (12-06-2013),Meg2  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    Is anyone going to admit to having even a tiny giggle? I think the sentiment is revolting and so so juvenile, but I will admit to having a little laugh, some of it is kinda witty.
    I spread the love both ways though, I also laugh when people make jokes or draw caricatures of Abbott in his teeny little speedos with massive ears.
    No, sorry. There is no wit involved in crude references to the Prime Minister's vagina or criticism of her physique like this. It's crass and tasteless.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-06-2013),Busy-Bee  (12-06-2013),eMBe  (12-06-2013),MilkingMaid  (13-06-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (13-06-2013),RobinSparkles  (12-06-2013),saxonrose  (12-06-2013)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    This was posted today by Destroy the Joint Attachment 37747
    Thanks!

Trying to work out how to share...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think that it says anything about the party itself, but I do think it was a vile joke and an unacceptable one.

I'd be interested to find out where this has come from now (if it was allegedly from a dinner at Easter time), and who released it.

Mal Brough claims not to have known about it, nor condones it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I find it seriously disturbing that they find it ok to attack Julia in gender based ways. It doesn't happen to men. How are women still having to fight for equality? Its just wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I don't think that it says anything about the party itself, but I do think it was a vile joke and an unacceptable one.

I'd be interested to find out where this has come from now (if it was allegedly from a dinner at Easter time), and who released it.

Mal Brough claims not to have known about it, nor condones it.
    Mal claims not to recall it. Conveniently enough
    I do think it says something about the party, personally. It's just another sexist incident to add to the list, I guess. I don't believe for a minute that Mal Brough hosted a dinner with Joe Hockey as guest of honour, and neither of them saw the menu or "can recall" seeing it.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast