Closed Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Can I put my 'pinko' hat on and have a snigger at the "all served with Liberal amounts of wine" line? Does that mean it will be divided up unequally, with the most wine going to those who hold the most power and/or influence in the room whilst those with the least amount of power and influence will be told to work harder and suck it up?

*snort*

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (12-06-2013),beebs  (12-06-2013),dancingchipmunk  (12-06-2013),MilkingMaid  (12-06-2013),risfaerie  (12-06-2013),RobinSparkles  (12-06-2013),saxonrose  (12-06-2013),snowqu33n  (12-06-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's disgraceful. Personal attacks like that can hurt, are unnecessary and plain childish. Don't they have any respect at all?
    Not a fan of Gillard, or any of them for that matter, but that description of her is just pathetic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I'm sorry, but Abbott has been very vocal about his anti abortion views for years and years and years. He can say that he will not change the laws, but I don't believe it for a second. After all, Howard swore blind that he wouldn't bring in the GST, but he did it anyway. She is right to say something about it, he has been keeping quiet on his views lately, and that is never a good sign.
    I know and remember how the liberals swore blind that we would never have a carbon tax under their government??? Oh no....wait

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    I know and remember how the liberals swore blind that we would never have a carbon tax under their government??? Oh no....wait
    I'm not saying labor doesn't backflip. They all do. I have no doubt in my mind that Abbott would, how could anyone think otherwise after reading his quotes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The constant harassment Ms Gillard has to put up with us disgusting, and I think anyone criticising her for bringing gender issues into the election campaign needs to look at it in context- the context being that it obviously is an issue for the liberals that she's a woman. It is them that are constantly bringing up gender with the way they speak about her, it's happened so many times that we know of, imagine what gets said that we don't hear!
    I think it's THEM that needs to leave gender out of the equation.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    They had to agree to the carbon tax to get support from the Greens. In my opinion, that isn't "lying" as she is so often referred to as "Juliar".

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-06-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is anyone going to admit to having even a tiny giggle? I think the sentiment is revolting and so so juvenile, but I will admit to having a little laugh, some of it is kinda witty.
    I spread the love both ways though, I also laugh when people make jokes or draw caricatures of Abbott in his teeny little speedos with massive ears.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellyfishie For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (12-06-2013)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok the menu wasn't anything to do with Abbott, he too, condemned it. However, I do truly get perplexed by people thinking that abortion laws could ever get changed with him as prime minister regardless of what he thinks personally.

They'd have to go through both the upper and lower house. It wouldn't happen on one mans wishes.

The same as the carbon tax was not back flipped because Julia thought it a good idea, it was to appease the greens.
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 13-06-2013 at 01:00.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (12-06-2013),cheekychook  (12-06-2013),headoverfeet  (12-06-2013),Spotdog  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You do understand that they had to agree to that tax to retain the support of the greens and retain power, right? It's not even comparable to the GST which was introduced in direct opposition to Howard's promises (which he rode to election victory) for no reason other than Howard and his party wanted it.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-06-2013),Clementine Grace  (12-06-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Ok the menu wasn't anything to do with Abbott, he too, condemned it. However, I do truly get perplexed by people thinking that abortion laws could ever get changed with him as prime minister regardless of what he thinks personally.

They'd have to go through both the upper and lower house. It wouldn't happen on one mans wishes.

The same as the carbon tax was not back flipped because Julia thought ot a good idea, it was to appease the greens.
    It's not just one man though. There are enough conservatives who would back him. It's not likely, sure, but I would not put it past him to try, and this is enough for me to know he is not a suitable leader for my country.
    Abbott may have condemned the menu but he continues to endorse Brough, which I find quite telling. Gillard is calling for Brough to be disendorsed and I totally agree. You can't tell me thy didn't know how sexist and offensive it was.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-06-2013)

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast