Closed Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am just so so disappointed with this.

If its considered an acceptable joke to use sexist & reductive language about the leader of our country what chance do the rest of us women have at being treated equally and fairly?

I am so absolutely over the objectification and reduction of women to body parts & appearance.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grumpybump For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-06-2013),MilkingMaid  (12-06-2013),MissMuppet  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    It was more than about abortion. It was about how she has tried to spin false political spiel regarding women and potential outcomes if liberal get in in September.

Abbott has clearly said he would not change abortion laws if the libs won the election.

Gillard brought this up saying abortion is once more coming into the political arena. Sure, it was brought up by labor senator John Madigan wanting to ban gender selection abortions-which may become relevant in July next year.

As for the blue tied men behind the blue tied men, I think Julie bishop disagrees.

I still condemn the menu and things associated with mal broughs dinner, but don't think for a moment that this is immature offensive behaviour limited to the liberals. There are certainly recent examples from the labor party. Which I'm not bothering with now, as I'm at work on lunch, on the phone
    Abbott said something clearly?, that surprises me in itself, having watched him blether through anything unscripted In seriousness though, his views on abortion are well known and I would not trust him for a minute to backflip on this issue. I really wouldn't.
    While I'm sure the labor party has its faults and foibles, the constant ****** of gender based harassment that Julia Gillard has been subjected to throughout her term thus far is atrocious. This latest is just the icing on a very nasty cake. Dr Anne Summers gave a speech on it which you can read here: http://annesummers.com.au/speeches/h...-work-r-rated/
    Some of the language and imagery are NSFW.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-06-2013),Busy-Bee  (12-06-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    That's exactly right. Can you imagine any other profession where it is totally acceptable to comment on how a female looks?! If that happened at my workplace, that person would be fired quicker than they could say "sexist pig".
    If I was Julia Gillard, I'd be going for the proverbial jugular over this, it is just disgusting.

ETA- looks like she is! http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-1...d-onli/4748826

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (12-06-2013),babybabycakes  (12-06-2013),beebs  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Best video ever - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ9y1c73-IM

Here is our next Prime Minister - what a complete joke!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (12-06-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (12-06-2013),saxonrose  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mal Brough (the guy hosting the event that this menu was used at) is such a tool. I feel so sorry for Queenslanders...won't someone please find them a decent politician somewhere!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Abbott claims the party did not know about it or endorse it. Since this brings the LNP party into disrepute it should have a sanction involved. He should dump Brough from pre-selection on that basis.

I've gone from favouring one side to being a swing voter. Both parties look pretty pathetic at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Best video ever - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ9y1c73-IM

Here is our next Prime Minister - what a complete joke!
    yes this like seriously, people want this in charge?

Sent from my PP4MT-7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    yes this like seriously, people want this in charge?

Sent from my PP4MT-7 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yes, apparently that's better than an assertive woman.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not even sure why the Liberal Party keep him in charge. They have many other potential leaders who would fare better in the polls.

I guess part of the reason is to be seen as the "stable" party, in opposition to the Labor party with it's leadership challenges and policy backflips. I guess plenty of Aussies believe them too.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-06-2013)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    This menu thing made me so rage-y that for the first time in my life I am trying to think of something I can do about it! Like organise a protest, or a boycott, or a mass complaint or...gah, anything! I'm spreading it as far as I can on Facebook but that's all I can think of.

I don't really care whether people vote Liberal or not, but I don't understand how women could vote for that party after seeing that without letting that party know somehow that they are seriously outraged.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-06-2013)

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast