Closed Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I will have to find it for u bigred but it was actual a mum on here that posted about her child where I first read it and then I saw something else on it somewhere.
    Who know maybe she lied for political stunt reasons.

Luxuries like alcohol normal brand things. I buy all woolworths branded stuff yep even pads and tampons which are horrible but we are single income right now with very very minimal help.
    I have no issue with low income or anyone on unemployment for genuine reasons. I know many people who do it to get more from the government.
    I have extended family members on very long term unemployment who know ways around everything and they get around 500+ each a week and live very very comfortably. Sadly there are many cases like this. Labour help these kinds of people more and more. We tried reporting them. Pointless lead to nothing.

I know we all have hard times etc and struggle to find work. Believe me I know I have been looking for a long time. But welfare would stop these people.

I wish I hadn't bothering working 2 jobs to pay my way through uni studying biomedical science only to be here not being able to find work, having a massive hecs bill. I could work at woolworths that would be fine but by time I pay day care and my hecs bill etc i have no money to pay my ever increasing bills. Yet I can't not work. I never claimed from anything from the government but my family could do with some help yet we are told we aren't entitled to any?

Lol but take offence people always do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    To not be getting any assistance at all Bubble your husband would have to be on a pretty good income?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm not sure how anyone can live comfortably on $500 a week, unless they are living with their parents and paying for nothing more than the things they want (not food, rent, bills, etc). $500 a week is next to nothing... I'm not sure how anyone on that little can secure a rental property (unless share housing).

MOST people are entitled to SOMETHING from the government. It may just come in the form of a child care rebate or free health care.

The reason low-income people get the money they do "for nothing?" Usually because without it they would be on the streets... or their kids would be in a situation that no child deserves to be in. Most low-income earners are not happy to be living on so little, and relying on the government to get that pittance.

This "those damn dole bludger," nonsense is just that: nonsense. Anyone who thinks they can earn a decent living on benefits alone is a complete moron, and will never live the high life... they may p*ss away their money on crap, but that's just being irresponsible with money, something anyone can be whether wealthy or poor. Even so, it's far from living the high life... it's scraping by on what you can...
    Last edited by SassyMummy; 13-06-2013 at 16:52.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (13-06-2013),beebs  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleGuppy View Post
    They r cutting it in the wrong places.
    They give to the low income and unemployed but those striving to better themselves am in turn help the country get slaughtered.
    Bring in welfare. I can't afford any luxuries why should I be paying for someone else to enjoy them?

What luxuries are you speaking of? I've been missing out.

Also, low income earners ARE striving to better themselves too!!!! How dare you insinuate that only middle and high income earners are of importance. Your views are disgusting.

ETA luxuries like libra tampons instead of homebrand? So people on benefits can ONLY buy generic brands??? Oh dear, you have no idea.
    Last edited by atomicmama; 13-06-2013 at 16:54.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband is on less than $49k I'm pretty sure that makes us low income right now but I have approached and run Centrelink on a few occasions and been told the same thing. He has his own business and is less than 2 years old maybe that's why. No idea I just know what Centrelink have told me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Red lips and pearls read it again!
    I was no insulting low income earners omfg! But like I Said u want to take offence go for it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My husband is on less than $49k I'm pretty sure that makes us low income right now but I have approached and run Centrelink on a few occasions and been told the same thing. He has his own business and is less than 2 years old maybe that's why. No idea I just know what Centrelink have told me
    You said in a previous post you are middle income. Now you are low income

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cust...-part-a-part-b

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wait, so it's okay for you to receive benefits but not anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    You should be entitled to about 75% of full FTB for your child... The cut off for FTB B is around 100k and the $40 per child FTB A cut off is 150k.... I'd be looking into that again bc you are entitled.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (13-06-2013),beebs  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I work I'm pretty sure we are middle income. As I am not working as my littlest is 6 months my husbands wage alone I think we are low income. Don't study income cut offs sorry.
    Sorry red lips as pearls u must not be able to read. I said those that take advantage if we genuinely need a helping hand sure buT anyway over it.
    This is going round in circles lol and everyone is enjoying going off at me for having an opinion and ring pro lib.
    This thread needs to be changed and labeled pro labour thread. Any lib supporters will get abused! Bahahahaha
    Cyas!