Closed Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleGuppy View Post
    Until recently liberal were in power for a very long time under the Howard government. That government worked very hard to put our country in the position it was. It also had a nice surplus in its budget. This labour government has now put a big whole in our budget and a big mess to clean up.
    Most people got slaughtered in the last budget, I know my family was it hard by it. It may look good on the surface but we as tax payers have to pay off the debt they created.
    We pay thorough the roof for everything and one of a few countries to be taxed twice through income tax and GST and now they are talking about scrapping Medicare to help reduce this budget deficit. They took away medical rebates for children in hospital and many parents have to pay out of pocket for life saving medications. I remember what it was like before this government came in and certainly know its not better now.
    I wonder just how old you are, you clearly don't remember when Libs started hacking and slashing medicare.

I would also like to point out that labor introduced free public health in the first place. What short memories Australian's have.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I had read that and it seemed like a labour/JG love fest!

I'm just a middle income family tired of being slaughtered. We pay tax through the roof yet bills continually go up, bringing in the carbon tax and everything is even more expensive as companies pass it on. Some get help if ur lower income. Lucky them.
    We would like another baby but they wiped the baby bonus so I have to go back to work. I'm 31. I wanted my kids close together but apparently Woking my **** off for 15years paying my taxes and I don't get help. I have health insurance that cost an arm and a leg and am getting less and less back from Medicare as that's on the way out unless ur low income or unemployed.
    Forgive me if I know how this government affects me and my family and don't give a crap about a dinner menu or who the hell said what.
    I didn't bother covering all examples but I can copy 'news' or utube videos. I don't personally believe what I read and see cropped on the news I just see how it affects me and the people around me.
    Unemployment at an all time low? I know so many people being laid off and having trouble finding work. A lot of that is because of the mining tax etc. I have been searching for work in the biomedical science field, wages are about 50% to what they were 3 years ago and rare to find. It's already hard enough to live on the wage they were offering but being research and mostly relying on government finding which was slashed to help being their budget to surplus. When I went on ML I know of 15people in my building alone that lost jobs due to government funding cuts. U know cause medical research isn't important anymore!

also know a lot of people having their home repossessed due to not meeting mortgage repayments as interest rates are now low but they weren't for a while. I was lucky I fixed my interest rate when labour entered leadership.

But I will return to work and put my kids in day care for someone else to raise because I have no choice and work my **** off to pay a debt this government created.

Yep it's awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Your posts are full of contradictions. You complain of the debt, then say they're cutting everywhere to create a surplus.

If you think tony Abbott won't be cutting, you're living under a rock.

Personally, I don't just think of myself when I vote.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Things get heated much?
    this is why I tend to avoid political talk

Me(21)+DH(25)+DS(4)+DD(2)
    Tank(mastiff x)+Echo(oz cattle)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (13-06-2013),oozzle  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Also, Australia's interest rates were at optimum rates under labor during gfc.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    They r cutting it in the wrong places.
    They give to the low income and unemployed but those striving to better themselves am in turn help the country get slaughtered.
    Bring in welfare. I can't afford any luxuries why should I be paying for someone else to enjoy them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    R u all aware the labour cut medical costs for many drugs required by very sick children so parents are having to pay out of pocket?
    Sure give it to the morbidly obese smoker with lung cancer who made the decision to get that big and smoke yet a sick child who has no choice. Well suck it up kiddo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    They r cutting it in the wrong places.
    They give to the low income and unemployed but those striving to better themselves am in turn help the country get slaughtered.
    Bring in welfare. I can't afford any luxuries why should I be paying for someone else to enjoy them?
    What luxuries do you speak of? If it is so luxurious, why don't you do it?

Not sure what they give to the unemployed? Newstart is less than $250 a week.

Why are you so against low income? People work just as hard as you for pittance?

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (13-06-2013),beebs  (13-06-2013),dancingchipmunk  (13-06-2013),RobinSparkles  (13-06-2013),SassyMummy  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    R u all aware the labour cut medical costs for many drugs required by very sick children so parents are having to pay out of pocket?
    Sure give it to the morbidly obese smoker with lung cancer who made the decision to get that big and smoke yet a sick child who has no choice. Well suck it up kiddo!
    Show us a link, I haven't heard this and am genuinely curious.

ETA - also curious to what an obese smoker has to do with it???
    Last edited by BigRedV; 13-06-2013 at 16:34.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm seeing a pattern in many middle income families who seem to be a bit lacking in knowledge in politics, particularly in relation to policy (I don't mean that in an offensive way btw).

They go on about how things would be better for them under the libs but fail to understand they would be worse. Under a right govt, the semi to completely wealthy are the winners. If you are middle income and scrapping to get by, don't vote libs As to the BB, the govt can't win. People complain about the debt and spending, then complain the BB is being cut. And I will point out under labor Bubble you'll get a grand. If libs get in the chances they will fully cut out the BB is very high, they have made some pretty big insinuations it will go completely.

I know someone whose family has just scrapped into the bottom middle income bracket for the first time ever. This person I know pretty much has zero knowledge of politics and has been bagging labor and Julia, going on about 'their tax dollars' (they think they are somehow big shots now they earn about 70k a year including FTB ). Has been saying I'm voting for libs to look after my family blah blah. They are now whinging how Abbott is taking away the school bonus urrrmm yeah??? who would have thought? Had he actually understood party philosophy and policy he'd know his very average wage and his SAHM partner who is getting sizable FTB should be voting labor 'to look after their family'.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (13-06-2013),beebs  (13-06-2013)