Closed Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleGuppy View Post
    Lol I saw the 'tears' if that's what u call them. Perhaps they were real but her face being devoid of emotion is just strange.
    I don't like TA one bit but I dislike JG even more. They are puppets because our politics is focused on our leaders for their Hollywood type fame rather than leadership. They are told what to say because for some reason people have started believing what they say. Politicians are like 2nd hand car sales people. U can't believe anything they say, it's more about what they do and don't do and the promises they keep and don't keep.
    I'm personally a Joe Hockey fan. I enjoy watching him speak and am always interested in what he has to say.
    One thing is for sure doesn't matter who u do or don't like this long campaign is stupid and an election just needs to be called. It's all getting so pathetic. It's embarrassing for our country.
    I just re watched the footage here: http://media.smh.com.au/news/nationa...d-4273727.html
    Her voice is shaking, her face is screwed up and she is struggling to maintain her composure. I saw quite a bit of emotion there, I'm at a loss as to what you want from her. Do Abbott or Hockey cry more convincingly for you? Why does your perception of her emotions even come in to it? This is one thing discussed in the media in an unprecedented sexist campaign- Gillard's emotions are in question because she is a woman and therefore expected to be "soft" and "emotional" and our society- as evidenced by said media, by comments like yours and those of thousands of others- is just not comfortable with strong women. She can't win- she is tough and unemotional, it is criticised (though I've yet to hear of a male polly criticised for this). She lets her guard down, shows her emotions- still not good enough; her face is "strange", her tears not good enough- again, I've yet to hear of a male polly criticised for these things.

You don't have to like JG. What p!sses me off though is that people don't like her based on her femininity- whether it's intentional or not. Your main criticism of her has been that her physical appearance does not, in your view, allow her emotions to show, and when they do, it's still not showing enough for you. Whereas you say TA says stupid things- something that is much more relevant to his position. The main discussion here about TA has been about things he has said in his role as a politician, minister and leader of the opposition. The main criticism I see of JG (in general, not just here) is that she has red hair, that her emotion is questionable and other things to do with her femininity. Her policy and actions seem secondary. And that isn't right.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (13-06-2013),Busy-Bee  (13-06-2013),HollyGolightly81  (13-06-2013),Lillynix  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol - because its a joke and she couldn't be more fake. I get embarrassed watching her talk wondering what other countries think of our mannequin in power. She certainly wouldn't win any acting roles. if people believed her tears no wonder our country is going down the toilet. She may speak off cuff but she thinks very carefully about what she says to ensure its correct whether its her belief or not. She calculates very quickly in her head what she say and what will win her most votes. She goes back on pretty much everything she says when it comes to crunch time. I would personally rather hear the truth about what someone is thinking and their true opinions than a load of crap said just to keep voters on side. I would love to sit down and get to know who she really is because what we see isn't even remotely her.

She did call an election for months and months away so this pathetic political crap can go on and on. She needs to call an election now. It can't be held for 30days anyway and that's more than long enough. Let the people make a decision now who they want and put this rubbish aside and actually start to run the country.
    Who gives a rats about men or women in politics. She was actually the sexist one making the comment about men in blue ties etc. the liberal party had nothing to do with that menu yet people are caught up on it.
    The restaurant owner should apologies and we should all move on. I'm sure A LOT worse has been Said about all our politicians. Lets waste all our time debating it all because that will certainly help Australian become a better nation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's not about who cries the best or worst its about who runs the country better and who completely screws it over.

JG is throwing out all the stops to come across as a people person. Her on target crying was fantastic because people responded to it they way they wanted us to. People cry very convincingly on tv every day. Do u believe all those actors or because u know its a tv show drama u know its not real?
    This is why I don't get into political debates. People get caught up in the fairy floss and miss the major points. That's what GJ is relying on to win the next election. Her and the Labour Party screwed things up majorly but as desperate to stay in power. Their policies and proof in the pudding won't win but people forgetting about that and thinking she is a nice person and TA not being a nice person is what she is banking on. Oh boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lol - because its a joke and she couldn't be more fake. I get embarrassed watching her talk wondering what other countries think of our mannequin in power. She certainly wouldn't win any acting roles. if people believed her tears no wonder our country is going down the toilet. She may speak off cuff but she thinks very carefully about what she says to ensure its correct whether its her belief or not. She calculates very quickly in her head what she say and what will win her most votes. She goes back on pretty much everything she says when it comes to crunch time. I would personally rather hear the truth about what someone is thinking and their true opinions than a load of crap said just to keep voters on side. I would love to sit down and get to know who she really is because what we see isn't even remotely her.

She did call an election for months and months away so this pathetic political crap can go on and on. She needs to call an election now. It can't be held for 30days anyway and that's more than long enough. Let the people make a decision now who they want and put this rubbish aside and actually start to run the country.
    Who gives a rats about men or women in politics. She was actually the sexist one making the comment about men in blue ties etc. the liberal party had nothing to do with that menu yet people are caught up on it.
    The restaurant owner should apologies and we should all move on. I'm sure A LOT worse has been Said about all our politicians. Lets waste all our time debating it all because that will certainly help Australian become a better nation.
    Our country is going down the toilet? How exactly?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-06-2013),Busy-Bee  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I don't know whether Gillard's tears were real or not. What I do know is that as a woman in power no matter what she does, it's wrong. Had she had a really genuine display of emotion everyone would have said she's a sook and not strong enough to lead the country. If she shows stoicism and strength like so many male pollies, then she's emotionless, hard. look at Margret Thatcher. I'm old enough to remember how she copped a lot of flack for being so hard and devoid of emotion. And I don't believe this is confined to politics, but to anywhere where women hold positions of power.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Our country is going down the toilet? How so? Did you read Bec's post about our consistent economic growth and optimal inflation and interest rates as well as our high desirability as a country to live in?
    I really don't understand what you want from Gillard, I really am confused. You don't want her to think before she speaks? You want her to be an actor, yet in your last post you complained about politicians being too Hollywood. You can't have it both ways. She goes back on pretty much everything she says? Like what? Other than carbon tax I mean, since we already established that while she initially said there wouldn't be a carbon tax she had not ruled out a pricing scheme but had to renege to gain the support of the greens and the independents.
    Who gives a rats about men or women in politics? I do. And the liberal party certainly give a rats about having a woman in power- I posted a link a few pages back to a speech given by Anne Summers- I suggest you read it to see exactly how big a deal it is to some people that we have a female PM and what they put her through for the crime of being female.
    The men in blue ties comment is not sexist?? Do you know what she means??
    A lot of people don't believe that the party, particularly Mal Brough, had nothing to do with the menu, especially in light of the fact that he confirmed it was the menu at his function and then apologised for it. It wouldn't be hard to get the restauranteur to write an email.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-06-2013),HollyGolightly81  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not about who cries the best or worst its about who runs the country better and who completely screws it over.

JG is throwing out all the stops to come across as a people person. Her on target crying was fantastic because people responded to it they way they wanted us to. People cry very convincingly on tv every day. Do u believe all those actors or because u know its a tv show drama u know its not real?
    This is why I don't get into political debates. People get caught up in the fairy floss and miss the major points. That's what GJ is relying on to win the next election. Her and the Labour Party screwed things up majorly but as desperate to stay in power. Their policies and proof in the pudding won't win but people forgetting about that and thinking she is a nice person and TA not being a nice person is what she is banking on. Oh boy.
    Ummmmm, can I ask which major points you are actually referring to, because all you seem to be talking about is how Julia Gillard is a terrible actor that showed little emotion??

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (13-06-2013),beebs  (13-06-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I don't know whether Gillard's tears were real or not. What I do know is that as a woman in power no matter what she does, it's wrong. Had she had a really genuine display of emotion everyone would have said she's a sook and not strong enough to lead the country. If she shows stoicism and strength like so many male pollies, then she's emotionless, hard. look at Margret Thatcher. I'm old enough to remember how she copped a lot of flack for being so hard and devoid of emotion. And I don't believe this is confined to politics, but to anywhere where women hold positions of power.
    Can you imagine if TA had delivered the same speech and he had tears in his eyes. He would be rejoiced because he is obviously so caring and feels deeply about the issue.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (13-06-2013),beebs  (13-06-2013),dancingchipmunk  (13-06-2013),delirium  (13-06-2013),Jakois  (13-06-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    A lot of people don't believe that the party, particularly Mal Brough, had nothing to do with the menu, especially in light of the fact that he confirmed it was the menu at his function and then apologised for it. It wouldn't be hard to get the restauranteur to write an email.
    Definitely not considering since it's confirmed he is a known supporter of the Liberal party.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (13-06-2013),beebs  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I repeat- strong economy, optimal inflation and interest rates, highly desirable country to live in. Also factor in that Labor, not Liberal, has historically been better for the Australian economy. What have they screwed up?? What are you referring to?

Now her tears were convincing and fantastic but a few posts back they were too fake?? I don't understand what you want her to do. She is leading the country well, our economy is strong, unemployment is down, what more do you want??

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-06-2013),Mathermy  (13-06-2013)