Closed Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thank you for clarifying spg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (13-06-2013),beebs  (13-06-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (13-06-2013)

and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I must be missing the point here where about 10pages back I raised that the Labor senator Madigan wants to ban gender selection based abortion. This is what brought abortion into the media again, not anything Abbott said.

I said that the person who had raised abortion as an issue was a Labor senator.

Abbott hasn't raised abortion as an issue for years, and when asked about it this year has said he won't change legislation about it. In fact, he, as one man cant. As I've said, it would have to pass both the lower and upper houses.

Dont you love political spin?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    [QUOTE=pegasus;7291764] However, I do truly get perplexed by people thinking that abortion laws could ever get changed with him as prime minister regardless of what he thinks personally.

I find this interesting, he made decisions based on his own personal beliefs when he was Health minister.
    http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2005/s1507408.htm

Very telling what the AMA said about his decision at the time.

One wonders why on earth people would think he will suddenly change and not do such things when he is PM?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    I must be missing the point here where about 10pages back I raised that the Labor senator Madigan wants to ban gender selection based abortion. This is what brought abortion into the media again, not anything Abbott said.

I said that the person who had raised abortion as an issue was a Labor senator.

Abbott hasn't raised abortion as an issue for years, and when asked about it this year has said he won't change legislation about it. In fact, he, as one man cant. As I've said, it would have to pass both the lower and upper houses.

Dont you love political spin?
    Of course he hasn't raised it, his PR people are telling him exactly what to say and when to say it. We all know he can't be left to his own devises.

Yes - I love a political spin. You know, like the way Abbott has refsued to go on Qanda for over 3 years...because he and his party and the rest of us knows exactly how it will play out.

Honeslty - It isn't even the LIb thing, it is him, I cannot believe anyone would vote for him. Malcomn Turnbull - I understand, but Tony Abbott???

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (13-06-2013),BigRedV  (13-06-2013),HollyGolightly81  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stuff being quoted here is 8years old. A lot can change in 8years.

What I vote on is more than one policy. Its about more than who the leader is.

As I've said Abbott cant change things on his own. Honestly, I never said I particularly liked Abbott as leader, but it amazes me how I hear the same stuff being trotted out

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (13-06-2013),Guest654  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Abbott has said his views on abortion haven't changed. I believe if he had the support to ban or at least heavily regulate abortion he most certainly would. But he knows given his poor standing with women and the fact his attempt to block RU40 failed, that it would be political suicide, nor would he have the support in parliament.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (13-06-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Honeslty - It isn't even the LIb thing, it is him, I cannot believe anyone would vote for him. Malcomn Turnbull - I understand, but Tony Abbott???
    Bang on.
    He is the leader of a powerful political party that will most likely win the next election and his own party/publicists don't want him to appear on any unscripted interviews because he's not articulate enough to make sound retorts on his feet. He has made a number of comments that belong in the 1950s as well as endorsed hateful, misogynist campaigning and he said and done all of these as an adult, it's not like he's made idiotic statements as a teenager or even a 20 something year old, he has done these things as an adult.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (13-06-2013),BigRedV  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think one of the biggest things people miss all together is u aren't voting for a leader ur voting for the party. The Labour Party has demonstrated this very clearly by continually having leadership changes and challenges!
    Sure Tony Abbot is a knob and says some of the dumbest things but watching Julia Gillard speak is so frustrating. all I see rehearsed and bear are lines and its always ensured all her i's are dotted and t's crossed. It comes across as if she is void of all emotions. She will never say a single thing out of line because its all prepared and likely not by her. At least tony abbot has some of his own thoughts going on even if they are stupid. I personally don't like political puppets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    He hasn't changed in 8 years, the difference is he isn't allowed to speak on the fly any more. That is the only thing that has changed. He was saying the same things back when he was at uni. And you honestly think that all of a sudden he has just changed a lifetime of beliefs, just like that? I think not.

And if he has changed then let him prove it, go on qanda unscripted. The fact that he continually refuses speaks volumes.

If he were the head of my party - then I would be demanding he be stood down.

It amazes you the same stuff being trotted out? If the shoe fits. This man constantly says ridiculous things. He is an embarrasment. It amazes me that the country is about to vote in possibly the silliest leader in Australian political history. I have no idea why they don't just swap him for Turnball. I won't lie, I don't want libs to win, but they are going to, so I'd rather someone who knows what he is doing be in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Stuff being
    here is 8years old. A lot can change in 8years.

What I vote on is more than one policy. Its about more than who the leader is.

As I've said Abbott cant change things on his own. Honestly, I never said I particularly liked Abbott as leader, but it amazes me how I hear the same stuff being trotted out

16. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (13-06-2013)