+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Varies a bit, sometimes only $250 if hubby is home it might go up to $350 depending on what meals we want. That includes nappies, wipes & toiletries and I don't need to buy cleaning products.

That's for 2 adults and 3 children..we eat lots of F&V and shop at Coles, Brumbies and Lenards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does anyone else from WA think the cheaper pricing may also be due to location? I was genuinely in shock when I was visiting a friend in Sydney recently and we did a food shop (2 over flowing bags) for under $10. And this was in Surry Hills, so not a cheap area!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    Love your username :-)
    Hehe thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    We spend about $65 at woolworths & $25 at the greengrocer each week. I also buy nuts, seeds, flours etc from a bulk shop every 3 weeks or so for about $30 so all up about $100/week for 2 adults and a 2 year old. I meal plan, cook everything from scratch (thanks thermomix!) and don't waste food. I try to use everything I buy. Another thing that has helped is by doing a big pantry clean out and inventory of sorts. I know what we have now so I don't buy duplicates accidentally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    About 250 a fortnight for 2 adults and a 2.5 yr old. It goes up to 250 if I'm stocking up on specials.

We only buy our fruit from fruit shops (gotta be desperate to buy it from supermarkets) and meat from Butcher.

I buy everything I can on special.... and make everything from scratch. Only buy bread from Bakers delight or brumbys. Seafood is a luxury. But we eat meat/chicken each week and we eat very well. Our veg lasts is 2 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Currently we spend about 100 p/week for DH, DD(26months) and myself.
    We eat quite well - meat at every evening meal, lots of fruit and veg etc.
    I plan to try to get it down to about $80- $90 a week soon by starting to bake bread/snacks and toilet training DD!
    I shop at a butcher, fruit and veg market and then Coles.

Our menu plan this week includes:
    - Lamb backstrap in a wine jus with veg (carrot, beans, broccoli, potato)
    - Meatloaf with veg and oven fries (and gravy)
    - Chicken stirfry (capsicum, mushroom, asparagus, bean, carrot, snow peas)
    - Slow cooker Lamb casserole
    - Eye fillet Steak with a mushroom sauce and veg
    - Curry puffs and salad
    - Roast beef and roast veg
    - Roast beef leftovers used as a base for a taco salad along with mexican rice and beans, cheese, sour cream, salsa, avocado, corn chips etc.
    - pumpkin soup with homemade bread

Lunches for DD and I are a mixture of Salad with tuna and avocado, ham & cheese sandwiches/wraps, pasta with veg and a cheese sauce and leftovers.

Breakfast is Yoghurt and fruit, english muffin/toast or pancakes.

Snacks usually include: popcorn, pikelets, fruit, raw veg, yoghurt or corn chips.

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 adults..

I usually spend $70-$100 at woolies, $30 at the fruit vedge shop and my $80 of meat lasts atleast a fortnight so equals approx $150-$170 a week.

I should probably add in I'm diabetic so unfortunately find the only bread I can eat is $5 a loaf, we go through a fair bit of meat as I refuse to eat vegetarian meals and I have no options to have easy freezer dinners. We buy 'fake' sugar and all sorts of special stuff that is always bloody expensive.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's same for us in terms of it being variable. Sometimes I do top ups and then sometimes for weeks I don't need to buy things for 2 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It's hard to estimate as we meal plan and spend approx $180 and there are a 1-2 runs to the shop per week for fresh food and DS's school snacks. I would estimate about $200-$220 for two adults and one school-aged child.

I have tried everything in my powers to reduce it but it just results in yet another trip to the shops for a top up. Oh, and this includes very minimal cleaning products (I use vinegar, eucalyptus, etc), about 2-3 vegetarian meals a week, no formula and no nappies, extremely minimal packaged food. I think it can be dependent on where you live, I have heard that the State in which I live has the second highest food prices so I'd imagine if I did my exact shop elsewhere it would be much cheaper. I know it is sometimes cheaper when I do my shop at my parents local supermarket compared to my local one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    It's hard to estimate as we meal plan and spend approx $180 and there are a 1-2 runs to the shop per week for fresh food and DS's school snacks. I would estimate about $200-$220 for two adults and one school-aged child.

I have tried everything in my powers to reduce it but it just results in yet another trip to the shops for a top up. Oh, and this includes very minimal cleaning products (I use vinegar, eucalyptus, etc), about 2-3 vegetarian meals a week, no formula and no nappies, extremely minimal packaged food. I think it can be dependent on where you live, I have heard that the State in which I live has the second highest food prices so I'd imagine if I did my exact shop elsewhere it would be much cheaper. I know it is sometimes cheaper when I do my shop at my parents local supermarket compared to my local one.
    Yes pretty much exactly this for us too. We eat a lot of fresh fruit and veg