+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think I spend about $200 for DF, myself and a 2.5 year old. I would love to get it down but I am a food snob.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I spend $150 a fortnight for myself and 2 growing boys (also a dog ,a cat and a snake) - that includes top ups of fresh fruit and bread.

How do I do it? I separate all our meat into portions - eg 2.2kg of mince will give us 8-9 meals. We don't eat potato, but eat pumpkin and sweet potato instead. 1 chicken breast will feed all three of us plus have leftovers if used in pasta or casseroles.

I shop at aldi mainly and nothing goes to waste.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (12-06-2013)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    For dp and I it's anywhere from $80-$150 a week depending on what money we have that week. The $150 shops last us a while .

Sent from my talky stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    We spend between $150 - $200 a week for 2 adults, cat, dog and two kids that come every second weekend.

It would be less if we got fruit and vegies at a market but we don't have a good one close buy and we occasionally by meat in bulk but it is out of our way so we don't get there often. DH spoils the kids when they are with us so we spend a bit on treats for them.

We budget $200 a week for everything so as long as it is under we don't worry too much. Will be interesting when bubs comes and we have to include nappies etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    This fortnights meal plan....

Tacos - with mince lettuce tomato cheese and avocado. Leftover mince made lunch the next day (toasties) and froze the rest for tacos another night

Rissoles with potato bake and veg

Sundried tom creamy pasta with bacon and home made garlic toast.

Baked potatoes with ham, cheese, sour cream and pineapple

pumpkin soup - I got butternut pumpkin for 69c a kilo from local fruit market!

Homemade hamburgers with salad- ( i make the patties its a yummy mkr recipe)

Slow cooked chicken casserole with rice

Honey Meatloaf with mash and veg

Tuna mornay

Chicken enchiladas with guacamole

Toasties

Baked Spuds again ( we have these once a week)

Went out for dinner one night

spag bolognese

Breakfasts are weetbix, porridge or toast with spread or with eggs

Lunches for dh are leftovers from dinner the night before. Dd and i usually have sandwiches, crackers, cheese, fruit.

Bulk up meat dinners with veg / lentils etc. Pasta and rice dishes are nice and filling and can use less meat and make meat last 2 dinners instead of 1.

Cakes / slices / biscuits made from scratch

Any snacks i do buy are only if they are on special.

Buy specials / bulk. I try not to pay full price for anything. Home brand is cheap for whatever u can get away with!!

Gives u the general idea

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thanks so much for that, there are some great ideas in there that I'm definitely going to use! Very inspirational to know that I CAN get my spending down with a bit more effort!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Average about $180-200. For 2 adults 2 children. I could get it down but dh likes meat for every meal and we have trouble keeping weight on ds (who has ADHD) so I buy extras that he likes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We spend $275 a week for 2 adults and 2 kids that eat like adults. We almost never buy takeaway and we do a reasonable amount of entertaining which is included in that.

We mostly eat organic meat and raw milk etc which does push the price up a lot. We are also gluten free, which again adds expense.

I would love to bring it down a bit, but if I spend less, it generally means we don't eat as healthily.

It works out to $10/person/day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Our is between $100 and $200 a week depending on unexecpted bills and birthday parties, clothes sales I need to fit in that week. That for 2 adults, 1 huge teenager boy that eats more than any other man i have ever met, 2 pre teen girls and 2 smaller boys. Oh and a dog. So all up 7 in the family, with the another adult some nights a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mines between about $250 and $300.

This is for 2 adults and 3 kids under 7.

We aim for 2 red meat, 1 chicken, 1 pork, 1 seafood and 1 vegetarian every week. We have 1 takeaway every week and if I feel too slack to cook then whatever is in the house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    250-300 $ a week. For 2 children age 3 and 6 years old and 2 adults.