+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodeobull View Post
    I just did our grocery shopping for the next 3 weeks it was $180 plus about $20 each week for fresh fruit and veg my weekly bill will be $80 a week. I make everything from scratch including bread. We buy 2 litres of fresh milk on shopping day and drink long life for the rest of the time until shopping day. We eat lots of fruit and veg but I use frozen veg in dinner because it's cheaper for exactly the same thing. We eat meat every night and always have a heap of veg with dinner. For snack we have carrot sticks and hommus, fruit, cucumber & capsicum sticks etc we make our own biscuits and cakes if we have them. I bake all our breadrolls and Naan breads etc. I think it's easy enough to buy cheaper if you have a shop like Aldi
    We also drink long life milk now - I have found it actually saves me a bit if money as I can buy in bulk on special and also I'm not going to the supermarket in the middle of the week to buy more fresh milk and now avoiding the impulse buys or extra stuff I would buy at the same time.
    I have also decided the save the money that I now don't spend on groceries to put towards an eternity ring. It's great motivation for spending less when I think of diamonds! Ha ha

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CookingMonster For This Useful Post:

Mumma Needs a Wine  (09-07-2013)

Similar Threads

1. For those who do online grocery shopping...
    By Mummabearr in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 25-02-2013, 10:34
  2. New house-First grocery shop.
    By One of THOSE mums! in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 18:36
  3. How much is your weekly grocery shop?
    By Nemmy in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 12:13