+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've heard on news that Sydney is the most expensive then I think Melbourne. Unless you don't have anything near or quality is bad buying meats, fruit and vegetables gets so expensive it baffles me to see ppl with trolleys full of fruit and vegetables from the supermarket when that is a shop there in the supermarket! !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our budget allows $250 a week, but the bill usually only comes in between $150-200 a week for my family of 6, with evertything purchased from Coles

*I can haz typos*

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Generally between $250-$300 per fortnight for 2 adults and one child. Probably closer to $300 a fortnight now that we're buying nappies and wipes again. We tend to buy in bulk and have a few vegetarian meals per fortnight which helps keep meat costs down.
    Although recently we've discovered the joys of slow cooked cheap cuts. DELICIOUS! *chuckle*.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only been keeping track for the past 3 week, so I don't know how typical this is...
    So far, about $80 per week (including food & household items) for 2 adults, a 9 month old, a large dog and a bird.

As I say, this might not be typical... it'll be interesting to see what it averages out to once I've been keeping track for longer. We eat very little meat, but eat plenty of good food. We could easily cut this down by eating less junk/processed foods, and not eating out etc. We buy most of our fruit & veg from a large grocer and most other things from coles. There are still a lot of convenience buys there though (eg. need some more fruit, can't be bothered going to 2 places so buy it from coles).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know , I don't have a budget or a regular shopping day and every time I shop it all seems so expensive! I buy UHT milk in bulk and we get our meat from our PIL farm and I try to be a Scrooge but every time I go out for something lately it has cost me around $100-150 , I am the go out for a packet of flour and come back with a whole trolley sorta shopper and yes I do sometimes forget the flour or whatever it was I went there for lol
    Last edited by lulu 2; 17-06-2013 at 11:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumma Needs a Wine View Post
    How much?
    How many people in your family?
    *Exclude nappies and formula
    Roughly $100 a week, just me and my boyfriend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We normally spend $200 a week on two adults and that includes a take away meal in the wknd! We will have to cut back now I'm on maternity leave but hmmm I don't know how people do it without eating crap or slaving over a stove all day??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just did our grocery shopping for the next 3 weeks it was $180 plus about $20 each week for fresh fruit and veg my weekly bill will be $80 a week. I make everything from scratch including bread. We buy 2 litres of fresh milk on shopping day and drink long life for the rest of the time until shopping day. We eat lots of fruit and veg but I use frozen veg in dinner because it's cheaper for exactly the same thing. We eat meat every night and always have a heap of veg with dinner. For snack we have carrot sticks and hommus, fruit, cucumber & capsicum sticks etc we make our own biscuits and cakes if we have them. I bake all our breadrolls and Naan breads etc. I think it's easy enough to buy cheaper if you have a shop like Aldi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Probably quite high compared to most, but I buy a lot of extras that aren't needed really. I like to have a share pack of some kind of chocolate in the freezer to get one out from time to time. Also we only buy free range eggs from the corner shop which are more expensive than the free range eggs at the supermarket, but come from locals in the area so I know where they come from. Also we shop at smaller corner shops and specialty shops more than big chain supermarkets. I could cut it by 70% if I wanted to, but at the moment don't see the point in doing so. It's just me and a 10 year old and the animals. The animals get a lot of fresh meat from the butcher, at the end of the day they package up anything that isn't good to sell for people and sell it as pet meat. The dogs love the bones and the cats love the mince. They get the organic dry food but mostly they get the fresh meat. At this stage I'm happy with what we're doing, but can always cut it back if necessary in the future depending on how things work out.

We also get take away every Saturday, either Noodle Box or Miss India or something like that that's yummy and filling and not junky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going to track my spending for the next couple of weeks and see hiw my spending averages out. Will be interesting.

I have 2 portable pantries where I stock up on stuff like dry ingredients like herbs/spices/flour/nuts/sauces/rice/pasta etc. So sometimes I spend extra to top them up.