+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balletbaby View Post
    Fantastic!! That is excellent. Yes, I know what you mean about it going against mothering instinct but believe that you are giving her the gift of self settling and sleep and she will be a happier child for it. Plus happy Mum = happy baby and vise versa. She will be able to sleep all night. My girl has been sleeping through 12 hours since christmas (13 months now). Do what works best for you both of course and what you are comfortable with. I hear DD wake up several times but she finds a dummy and goes back to sleep. Throw a heap in her cot. I also leave her water bottle in the cot. Only water, no milk (sleep consultant recommended). She uses a straw one and drinks from it most nights. I didn't believe she could go without a feed and she is fine. Before that she was having 4 feeds a night!
    Expect protesting tonight. It will be hard I am not sugar coating it. She will figure out what is going on and want someone to help her sleep. She is big enough to do it on her own. Some nights during the training I couldn't do it and went out for a drive while my husband did it. Make sure you have someone to support you while you do it. Call someone.. You can call me (even though you don't know me!) or talk to husband and have a cup of tea. Remember the different cries. Keep up the consistency and she will love you for it. We have to do this with toddlers and your bub is almost a toddler. I hope I am not making it sound harsh because it isn't. Give lots of cuddles and kisses before bed time and she will be drowsy and ready to sleep.

Looking forward to hearing how you go tonight! Yay for you!
    Thanks balletbaby

Last night DH and I took it in turns to go and soothe her earlier in the evening and then I slept in our bedroom by myself with DD in her cot and DH slept on the couch, only because he needs to up early for work so I took on the night shift. (It was nice to have the bed to myself for a change! I've been sleeping on 1 quarter of my bed unable to even roll over for months now!) But he was a great support, we both sat there telling ourselves she was fine, going over how once she's over the first couple of nights it'll get easier.. it was nice to have you lovely ladies on here reassuring me and the full support and help of DH at home.
    Yes, I will definitely update and let you know how we go tonight
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 13-06-2013 at 11:50.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Tippytoes  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well done marigold! I was wondering how you went. Hopefully it'll keep getting easier and easier. I'll keep checking in for updates!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cheekychook For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just had to share the latest update: I am ecstatic! For the first time since she was born, I put DD down her cot for her day nap while she was awake. She has never, ever fallen asleep on her own in her cot, I have always rocked her to sleep either in my arms or her pram and then either left her to nap in her pram or put her in the cot already sleeping- and if she woke up, I'd start overand rock her back to sleep. Well, no more! It took a total of 20 minutes after her atfernoon bottle to settle her in her cot and she's now sound asleep. I can't believe this is the same baby- I watched her through the door (I took the handle off so I could spy on her through the hole, lol) and almost immediately she went from standing to sitting to lying down. She was exhausted and so ready for sleep anyway. Her crying wasn't even that bad, just sooking, really, and I wouldn't have even gone in but she dropped her dummy out of the cot a couple of times so I had to go in and give it back to her. But she was really doing fine and trying to settle herself to sleep!
    I was absolutely dreading doing this during the day and thought there's no way she will settle, but I made the room as dark as possible and... she's sleeping
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 13-06-2013 at 14:57. Reason: typos

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Mmumm  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Brilliant!! So happy for you! Big hug for you. You are doing an amazing job!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tippytoes For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (14-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What wonderful news Marigold I'm so pleased with the progress you both have made!!! Lets hope she can keep it up for you

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (14-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a champ you and your dd are Marigold

My 4 week old just went down for a sleep and self settled in her bassinet with no comfort from me. First time ever!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (14-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo! That's awesome! See what I mean. Their cry is a whingy cry. Pop a few dummies in her cot so if she loses one, she can grab another. DS used to have 5 dummies in his cot lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (14-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol yes DD has 10 in her cot!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tippytoes For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (14-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How'd you go last night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can hardly believe this: last night, DD slept through for 12.5 hours, without waking once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put her down at 7:30pm and helped her settle for maybe, 1 minute, she wasn't crying, just a little grizzly. I left the room once she was almost fast asleep and that was IT! She did not cry once, for the next 12 and a half hours. And I know that she woke several times as she had changed position every time I checked on her. This feels like a strange dream. I totally expected to be doing the CC for at least a week, but this super baby has mastered it in one night

I am completely blown away and still cannot quite believe it. Haha.. wow. Just... wow.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 14-06-2013 at 08:27.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (14-06-2013),lovesushi  (14-06-2013),SugarSkull  (14-06-2013)