+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ong my husband is so soft- he asks the girls to do something- they say no..... He then says "see they never do as I say" so in comes mean mummy and makes them get dressed, clean up or have a nappy change

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am the soft one on things that don't matter eg sleeping in our bed but the tough one on the big stuff.

Most of the time we are untied.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Generally we're a united front.

There are times though when you can tell who wears the pants in this family

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm the boss, if it were up to my husband our daughter would never sleep because she's "happy and having fun" lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We both seem to have turns at being the tough guy in our house! Depends on our respective moods I think...

Generally we're on the same page with most things but DH will occasionally tell DS for something small that wouldn't bother me. I think the fact that I'm the one that deals with DS everyday whilst DH is at work means I've learnt to pick my battles with DS a bit more...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the bad one and our bubs isn't even born yet!

DH has two kids from a previous relationship and he struggles with setting boundaries with them so he lets them get away with blue murder. I'm always the one that has to set the rules and enforce them. Makes me feel awful at times but we are the parents and have to teach them right from wrong.

The kids are getting to an age now where they are testing us so I have to keep reminding DH that it is so important to 'parent' them, is a struggle though and I know he is going to be exactly the same with our bub.

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We are both tough in different ways . My DH will carry on more about small things like oh why are you letting them do that touch this touch that where I'm very easygoing and say just let them be kids and get off their back , where for the discipline stuff I am the tougher one.

My husband will just flat out give in for the bigger stuff if they are carrying on, to be honest he doesn't really know how to handle it , will get overwhelmed and just give in .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I reckon it'll be me but will be interesting to find out once bub is here! We're both teachers (hubby high school and myself in prep) so we both deal with behaviour etc every day
    Plus when I was growing up I was always the disciplinarian (after my dad walked out) with my siblings

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Me and DP are the tough ones on DS but we have to be because FOB is the fun one who lets him get away with everything.

DP has a plan for when our DD grows up and gets to "that age" .....he said he is going to be the nice one which forces me to be the mean one, that way she will be a daddys girl and will listen to him when he tries to tell her to stay away from certain bad boys that she will no doubt be attracted to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm tough on tantrums, food refusal, the need to sleep and P&Qs. Dh is tough on..... Hmmm....

Still thinking....

Oh yea , nothing. He will back me up on everything and vice versa but he doesn't set the ground rules.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app