+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Who's the tough one?

DH just said that because I let DD sleep in our bed sometimes when she sneaks in during the early hours I'm apparently the 'soft parent' and I'm going let her date bikers and smoke crack because i cant say no to her. Apparently on a softness scale I'm a marshmallow, lol!

Of course it's all a horrendous lie, I'm totally in charge and her cuteness never sways my better judgement... most of the time...

So who's the tough one and who's the pushover in your house?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm the tough one and dh is the softie. He thought it would be the opposite but I think he didn't appreciate how charming a daughter could be. I'm always reminding him that we need to set boundaries etc if we want her to be a good girl and not be a spoilt brat. Mind you I can be a pushover sometimes too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    We're fairly united. DD (7) generally tries to pull the wool over DH but he knows she's coming.

DS1 is 5 and thinks he can get away with anything with me as long as he grins.

DS2 is our baby and we all pander to him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Easily me....DH is fifo so he is beyond soft on his swing back....poor mummy is the big baddy.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am the matriarch of the family

Thanks
    Reviews
    We make joint decisions about things like letting DS stay up late/sleep in our bed/new toys etc so it's not just one of us being tough or soft, we normally meet someone in the middle.

I would say I'm more inclined to 'give in' to DS for things like treats etc but I am also tougher/more consistent at disciplining for things like hitting or doing things he knows he isn't allowed to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The tough one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are fairly equal and make decisions together.
    But DH is definitely the softer parent. I dont think he realised how quickly his daughters would have him wrapped around their little fingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the tough one! Df was sooo anti co sleeping due to SIDS etc calling parents morons etc (sorry if I offend) then he totally changed his attitude one morning he was like oh just once won't hurt and I calmly explained umm yes its the same!

I like to just let her sook a tiny bit because sometimes its just her dummy falling out (8wks old) and she just goes Meh and falls asleep! He freaks out and has to get up and put it in.