Closed Thread
Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fair enough. Might be good to have a bit of a break and regroup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello to everyone! Sorry I haven't been around, it's all just gotten so much for me. I just can't understand why my body is failing me, and why the Drs don't seem to be doing much about it. I've had 3 rounds of clomid now (2@50mg 1@100mg) which have been unsuccessful. So called my Gyn today and to try 150mg. It's just so frustrating, living in the country means getting my path results and plan of action over the phone through my gyns receptionist. No chance to ask questions or anything. And then I read on here how a lot of you have ultrasounds and trigger shots and I can't understand why my Gyn is doing more for me? Sorry for the massive dumping of all my crap but its so hard and we haven't told anyone of our troubles (except my mum & she's over seas at the moment) so I have no one to off load to or ask for advice. Do you think I should seek anther Gyn or fs? Thank you all xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I hear you milkmaid. I also live rurally with a gyno that is useless. I'm on my 5th cycle of clomid where I have ovulated every time and he has said he doesn't do trigger shots. There is absolutely no monitoring except for all the tests I had (which found nothing wrong) when I first saw him. I've seen him twice in 6 months and has told me if next month is unsuccessful we have to look at IVF (which isn't an option financially).

My suggestion is to see a FS. They will do the triggers and monitored cycles. Gyno's are more for fixing gyno problems, like endo or PCOS, not specifically ttc. Once it was found there is nothing showing for either DH or I, he was pretty uninterested, and I had to push to even get another 3 months of clomid after only one lot of 3 months

4. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

themilkmaid  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the support delirium! I am in the same boat. I had ultrasounds & bloods before I first seen him which showed nothing, and then I haven't seen him since or any other tests. Just day 21 bloods then get my results from the bloody receptionist
    I don't know if IVF will be an option for us either, I mean I'm only 25 and it never occurred to me that I might need IVF one day, so I haven't saved for it. Though I might have to start! I might make an appointment with my GP to see if I can see a FS.
    I just never thought it would be this hard, having a family is all I've ever wanted.
    I hope this round of clomid is more successful for you Delirium. Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies I'm new I'm glad and happy to see alot of women in my position at any age I'm 24 and been dealing with all type of problem this is my first round of clomid and metformin and folic acid and I'm hoping this is successful as well as you ladies!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome!

So I'm 7dpo. O confirmed now- progesterone was 76.

They pushed back testing day to 16dpo!! Last time if was 14dpo I am definitely going to have to poas before then if AF doesn't show. Haven't got my hopes up this cycle though because of all the spotting :/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Veronica25 I hope it happens for you this round!

Goodluck Nippy, I wish my progesterone was up there, mine was only 2 this round

9. The Following User Says Thank You to themilkmaid For This Useful Post:

nippy  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by themilkmaid View Post
    Welcome Veronica25 I hope it happens for you this round!

Goodluck Nippy, I wish my progesterone was up there, mine was only 2 this round

mind me asking how you check your progesterone and how you get it up and what number is it suppose to be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica25 View Post
    mind me asking how you check your progesterone and how you get it up and what number is it suppose to be
    Hey, I had a blood test because they are monitoring me whilst on clomid/trigger. I had no idea how to naturally increase it, it is released after ovulation from the corpus luteum which is the left over empty egg sack. I think I released two eggs this cycle. My ultrasound showed two ready to pop, hence a higher number. I heard acupuncture can help, and some people have cream to help increase progesterone.

Also read somewhere that reducing your exposure to xenohormones can help because these contain estrogen. And estrogen dominance can mess up progesterone. So car fumes, certain plastic, industrial meats, solvents, pesticides... I dunno how much it helps though.. ? :/

As with the number- higher the better I think? So above 10? They like to see it closer to 30 I think but 20s are "normal". Some FSs have different benchmarks. I also read that medicated cycles are usually higher than natural.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by themilkmaid View Post
    Thanks for the support delirium! I am in the same boat. I had ultrasounds & bloods before I first seen him which showed nothing, and then I haven't seen him since or any other tests. Just day 21 bloods then get my results from the bloody receptionist
    I don't know if IVF will be an option for us either, I mean I'm only 25 and it never occurred to me that I might need IVF one day, so I haven't saved for it. Though I might have to start! I might make an appointment with my GP to see if I can see a FS.
    I just never thought it would be this hard, having a family is all I've ever wanted.
    I hope this round of clomid is more successful for you Delirium. Xo
    Definitely see an FS it could be much more simple than ivf. I know you've tried clomid, but it must be so hard to tell what's happening without monitoring. You might just need a trigger, or a bit of help getting the spermies up there!! My monitored cycles with an ultrasound are about $250. But the trigger is expensive- 80? So no where near ivf costings!

Hope you get in soon and figure out your next step good luck!