Closed Thread
Page 14 of 94 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby27 View Post
    Welcome I hope they call you back, maybe try going to another place. What capital city are you near? I don't think you are at cd1 yet, see what tomorrow brings
    Thanks.

I'm in Melbourne.

The nurse rang me finally after leaving a 2nd msg. Problem is she's not my nurse! So I've been having appointments with a doctor at Monash IVF but apparently I'm not in the database cos I'm not an IVF patient as yet so the nurse didn't have my medical notes. I didn't realize you weren't a Monash patient if you hadn't started IVF yet, you're just a patient of the doctor.
    So I rang back the doctors office again and his person there was really nice and is going to speak to the doctor for me tomorrow and call me back. She said I should count tomorrow as day 1.
    I've booked in my ultrasound to look at the follicles for Saturday next week on what would be day 10. So I'm waiting to hear back when I'm supposed to have a follow up appointment to get the ultrasound results.

Anybody here got too many follicles from their clomid treatment and were told by the ultrasound technician to abstain from sex?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3cats1pug View Post
    Thanks.

I'm in Melbourne.

The nurse rang me finally after leaving a 2nd msg. Problem is she's not my nurse! So I've been having appointments with a doctor at Monash IVF but apparently I'm not in the database cos I'm not an IVF patient as yet so the nurse didn't have my medical notes. I didn't realize you weren't a Monash patient if you hadn't started IVF yet, you're just a patient of the doctor.
    So I rang back the doctors office again and his person there was really nice and is going to speak to the doctor for me tomorrow and call me back. She said I should count tomorrow as day 1.
    I've booked in my ultrasound to look at the follicles for Saturday next week on what would be day 10. So I'm waiting to hear back when I'm supposed to have a follow up appointment to get the ultrasound results.

Anybody here got too many follicles from their clomid treatment and were told by the ultrasound technician to abstain from sex?
    That's all very exciting.

No I haven't had to many follies but my friend had that happen twice and wasn't allowed to try those 2 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby27 View Post
    That's all very exciting.

No I haven't had to many follies but my friend had that happen twice and wasn't allowed to try those 2 months.
    I wonder how much that happens?
    I don't really know how I'm going to react to this medication.

I've had a day 6 ultrasound in feb and day 3 and day 22 bloods done that showed I ovulated and everything looked normal. But that was a day 27 cycle. My worry is what is happening on those longer 36-38 day cycles.
    Could the clomid give you too many eggs if you don't have any problem with ovulation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3cats1pug View Post
    I wonder how much that happens?
    I don't really know how I'm going to react to this medication.

I've had a day 6 ultrasound in feb and day 3 and day 22 bloods done that showed I ovulated and everything looked normal. But that was a day 27 cycle. My worry is what is happening on those longer 36-38 day cycles.
    Could the clomid give you too many eggs if you don't have any problem with ovulation?
    Yes it is a possibility of having too many eggs but this not very likely at low doses (25 or 50mg). I was already ovulating and on 50mg still only produced one egg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a little worried now, I'm on 150mg and have unmonitored cycles. Does the chance of multiples increase as the dose goes up or is it generally the same?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeja View Post
    I'm a little worried now, I'm on 150mg and have unmonitored cycles. Does the chance of multiples increase as the dose goes up or is it generally the same?
    Have you previously been on lower doses Teeja and not ovulated?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    Yes it is a possibility of having too many eggs but this not very likely at low doses (25 or 50mg). I was already ovulating and on 50mg still only produced one egg.
    Cool. Good to know it's not a likely scenario.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My gyno said one of the reasons she scans is to make sure that I haven't produced too many eggs to produce a pregnancy that wouldn't be safe for me or multiple bubs (more than 3)
    I won't need to worry though went for a scan today being day 12 and there is one egg but it isn't big enough to trigger ovulation so I have to go back again on Friday for another scan.
    I have had an increase in cysts though and thinks that's why I am getting so much cramping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    Have you previously been on lower doses Teeja and not ovulated?
    I didn't ovulate on 50mg, I did on 100mg but only had a 12 day luteal phase so my FS had me increase to 150mg. I'm just waiting to ovulate now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeja View Post
    I didn't ovulate on 50mg, I did on 100mg but only had a 12 day luteal phase so my FS had me increase to 150mg. I'm just waiting to ovulate now.
    Probably unlikely to overstimulate but if you are worried can you ask for day 10 bloods or Ultrasound ? I would trust your FS. Xx