Closed Thread
Page 14 of 94 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 931
  1. #131
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,060
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked
    245
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby27 View Post
    Welcome I hope they call you back, maybe try going to another place. What capital city are you near? I don't think you are at cd1 yet, see what tomorrow brings
    Thanks.

    I'm in Melbourne.

    The nurse rang me finally after leaving a 2nd msg. Problem is she's not my nurse! So I've been having appointments with a doctor at Monash IVF but apparently I'm not in the database cos I'm not an IVF patient as yet so the nurse didn't have my medical notes. I didn't realize you weren't a Monash patient if you hadn't started IVF yet, you're just a patient of the doctor.
    So I rang back the doctors office again and his person there was really nice and is going to speak to the doctor for me tomorrow and call me back. She said I should count tomorrow as day 1.
    I've booked in my ultrasound to look at the follicles for Saturday next week on what would be day 10. So I'm waiting to hear back when I'm supposed to have a follow up appointment to get the ultrasound results.

    Anybody here got too many follicles from their clomid treatment and were told by the ultrasound technician to abstain from sex?

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    4,119
    Thanks
    1,744
    Thanked
    914
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3cats1pug View Post
    Thanks.

    I'm in Melbourne.

    The nurse rang me finally after leaving a 2nd msg. Problem is she's not my nurse! So I've been having appointments with a doctor at Monash IVF but apparently I'm not in the database cos I'm not an IVF patient as yet so the nurse didn't have my medical notes. I didn't realize you weren't a Monash patient if you hadn't started IVF yet, you're just a patient of the doctor.
    So I rang back the doctors office again and his person there was really nice and is going to speak to the doctor for me tomorrow and call me back. She said I should count tomorrow as day 1.
    I've booked in my ultrasound to look at the follicles for Saturday next week on what would be day 10. So I'm waiting to hear back when I'm supposed to have a follow up appointment to get the ultrasound results.

    Anybody here got too many follicles from their clomid treatment and were told by the ultrasound technician to abstain from sex?
    That's all very exciting.

    No I haven't had to many follies but my friend had that happen twice and wasn't allowed to try those 2 months.

  3. #133
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,060
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked
    245
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby27 View Post
    That's all very exciting.

    No I haven't had to many follies but my friend had that happen twice and wasn't allowed to try those 2 months.
    I wonder how much that happens?
    I don't really know how I'm going to react to this medication.

    I've had a day 6 ultrasound in feb and day 3 and day 22 bloods done that showed I ovulated and everything looked normal. But that was a day 27 cycle. My worry is what is happening on those longer 36-38 day cycles.
    Could the clomid give you too many eggs if you don't have any problem with ovulation?

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,162
    Thanks
    674
    Thanked
    929
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3cats1pug View Post
    I wonder how much that happens?
    I don't really know how I'm going to react to this medication.

    I've had a day 6 ultrasound in feb and day 3 and day 22 bloods done that showed I ovulated and everything looked normal. But that was a day 27 cycle. My worry is what is happening on those longer 36-38 day cycles.
    Could the clomid give you too many eggs if you don't have any problem with ovulation?
    Yes it is a possibility of having too many eggs but this not very likely at low doses (25 or 50mg). I was already ovulating and on 50mg still only produced one egg.

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,077
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    266
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm a little worried now, I'm on 150mg and have unmonitored cycles. Does the chance of multiples increase as the dose goes up or is it generally the same?

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,162
    Thanks
    674
    Thanked
    929
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeja View Post
    I'm a little worried now, I'm on 150mg and have unmonitored cycles. Does the chance of multiples increase as the dose goes up or is it generally the same?
    Have you previously been on lower doses Teeja and not ovulated?

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,060
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked
    245
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    Yes it is a possibility of having too many eggs but this not very likely at low doses (25 or 50mg). I was already ovulating and on 50mg still only produced one egg.
    Cool. Good to know it's not a likely scenario.

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0
    My gyno said one of the reasons she scans is to make sure that I haven't produced too many eggs to produce a pregnancy that wouldn't be safe for me or multiple bubs (more than 3)
    I won't need to worry though went for a scan today being day 12 and there is one egg but it isn't big enough to trigger ovulation so I have to go back again on Friday for another scan.
    I have had an increase in cysts though and thinks that's why I am getting so much cramping

  9. #139
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,077
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    266
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    Have you previously been on lower doses Teeja and not ovulated?
    I didn't ovulate on 50mg, I did on 100mg but only had a 12 day luteal phase so my FS had me increase to 150mg. I'm just waiting to ovulate now.

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,162
    Thanks
    674
    Thanked
    929
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeja View Post
    I didn't ovulate on 50mg, I did on 100mg but only had a 12 day luteal phase so my FS had me increase to 150mg. I'm just waiting to ovulate now.
    Probably unlikely to overstimulate but if you are worried can you ask for day 10 bloods or Ultrasound ? I would trust your FS. Xx


 

Similar Threads

  1. clomid 2013 support friends
    By sarahf in forum Non-IVF fertility assistance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14-06-2013, 22:13
  2. Clomid Support thread #12
    By MonsterMummy in forum Fertility Treatment
    Replies: 834
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 12:05
  3. Clomid Support thread #11
    By mam83 in forum Fertility Treatment
    Replies: 964
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 20:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Riverton Leisureplex
An Extreme Family Pass at Riverton Leisureplex is the ultimate way to cool off during the summer school holidays. The $30 Pass allows pool and waterslide access for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a drink, popcorn and an icy pole for each person.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Baby Car Seats and Infant Car Restraints
Buying a baby car seat? Check out our 'go-to' links here!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!