+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Messy Eaters

When does it end!? The twins are 4 now and despite what we seem to feed them they get it everywhere.
    The problem is they like to play with it and will mash it and spread it and get it everywhere, it's not just them being clumsy or uncoordinated.
    Thank god for floorboards!
    We have fabric on our dining room chairs though so the girls are no longer allowed to sit there and have their own smaller table and chair set next to us.
    We have to sit and watch them the whole time they eat otherwise it's a huge mess.
    Faze? Will they grow out of it soon?
    We give them 2 chances to eat it properly and if they don't they get showered and sent to bed without, is that to harsh?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    have you tried getting them a child size table and plastic chairs for them to sit on? i find it helps with my 4.5 and 2.5 year olds as its a size that suits them... but yes if they muck around with the food i take it away.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I use bribery. If DS eats his dinner 'properly' he gets a marshmallow. So he has to use his fork and spoon, eat fast enough for my liking and NOT muck around/hop off his chair etc. He also has to eat some of everything that he likes, and at least try any new foods or foods he's sometimes keen on, sometimes not. I also ask him regularly if he's allowed to be silly at the table at kinder. And the answer to that is a big fat no! So he knows its the same deal here as at kinder.

Oh and I don't take his food away because then he wakes up far too early in the morning, starving hungry! So its in my self interest to get him to eat his dinner!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I use bribery. If DS eats his dinner 'properly' he gets a marshmallow. So he has to use his fork and spoon, eat fast enough for my liking and NOT muck around/hop off his chair etc. He also has to eat some of everything that he likes, and at least try any new foods or foods he's sometimes keen on, sometimes not. I also ask him regularly if he's allowed to be silly at the table at kinder. And the answer to that is a big fat no! So he knows its the same deal here as at kinder.

Oh and I don't take his food away because then he wakes up far too early in the morning, starving hungry! So its in my self interest to get him to eat his dinner!
    Agree with this. I love bribery.

I'd get your girls back at the dinner table, they need to learn. Persistence pays off! They'll get it soon enough.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I may have to use bribery then lol.
    I put them at their separate table because I was sick of scrubbing the fabric on the chairs and didn't want to ruin them.
    I'm sure if they had a small treat to look forward to they probably would eat properly.
    I might have to separate them when they're eating too so they aren't sitting right next to each other and encouraging one another.
    They're early wakers and now I'm wondering if it's because they're hungry?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you put a towel or something over the seat fabric when the girls are sitting on them? That way the fabric will be protected.