+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I will leave mine in the car to duck in and pay for petrol but that is only if my DD who is the oldest is in the car to press the lock button to lock and unlock the car and I only live in a small town and the car is always in my line of vision. There is no way I would leave them in a unlocked car with the keys still in the ignition and go into the shops! I wont even put bub in the car when I take the trolley back, he comes with me. I am glad the little one is ok and that the sister was able raise alarm but it baffles me how a parent can let it happen. Sorry if I sound judgemental and offend anyone but that is just my opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    He probably left the keys in so he could leave the air con running? Not justifying it, just saying

Thanks
    Reviews
    More than a stern talking to, I hope the father is charged. I see this happen ALL THE TIME where I presently live and it drives me bonkers. Parents just think it's okay to wander off and leave a child in the car. We stopped one woman only last week from leaving her 10 month old while she "dashed into the shops..." She felt we were being over reactive. Wonder how she'd feel if her child died while she was off buying her smokes?

I honestly wonder what these people are on.

Apart from the car being stolen and weather implications, there are safety hazards to consider in the car itself with children around. I simply cannot fathom why you'd do it. There is simply no excuse for doing it. (*I understand the servo..where it's often safer to leave them in the car and in your line of sight - I'm referring to leaving the scene and going into a shop or wandering off down the road).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to happy wanderer For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (24-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I find it incredible how brave the older girl was and event to be trying to get her sister out too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    I find it incredible how brave the older girl was and event to be trying to get her sister out too!
    Me too, the selflessness (is that even a word?!) she showed was way beyond her years, clever girl.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    Yes. Must have been very well brought up by that terrible, negligent parent who left her in the car.

I really don't see what the hysteria is about leaving kids in cars. It baffles me. If they're old enough to crack a window/open the door I can't see a problem. Craziness. Kids have been abducted from their beds, maybe those awful negligent parents should co-sleep until their children are 21.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (24-06-2013),MilkingMaid  (27-07-2014),orlyon  (24-06-2013),OurLittleBlessing  (24-06-2013),ozeymumof5  (24-06-2013),RipperRita  (24-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Yes. Must have been very well brought up by that terrible, negligent parent who left her in the car.

I really don't see what the hysteria is about leaving kids in cars. It baffles me. If they're old enough to crack a window/open the door I can't see a problem. Craziness. Kids have been abducted from their beds, maybe those awful negligent parents should co-sleep until their children are 21.
    Totally agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post

I think he was a bit silly leaving the keys in the car as I always take mine and lock the doors but I'm certainly guilty of leaving my 2 and 3 yr olds in the car when I pay for petrol or even if I score a park right outside the bakery or newsagent I don't bother taking them in cause they always do runners unless strapped into their pram. I think about this a fair bit and worry about the kids that are never allowed out of their parents sight to play in the back yard, walk to school, ride bikes down the shops, make their own decision to wear or not wear shoes in the park etc... What kind of adults are they going to be? Just a thought... I think parents need to give kids a little freedom to develop safety skills rather than wrap them in cotton wool.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Such a clever, quick thinking little girl. I don't leave mine in the car, but from about the age of 8 or so I've sent her into the corner shop for milk and bread while I wait in the car, or I send her in to pay for the fuel at the servo. Not every time, but I'm ok doing that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think it's safest to not have kids. Anything could happen to them at any time.

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

3bubbys  (27-07-2014),Anjalee  (24-06-2013),beebs  (24-06-2013),BohemianGypsy  (24-06-2013),FearlessLeader  (24-06-2013),haveheart  (24-06-2013),Jakois  (24-06-2013),Lillynix  (24-06-2013),MilkingMaid  (27-07-2014),RipperRita  (24-06-2013)