+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby in transverse position

Hi, Firstly I am new to bubhub ! I am currently 30 weeks pregnant with our 5th baby. At my OB appointment a couple of days ago he told me our baby is in transverse position. I haven't had this problem with any of my other pregnancies, they were all head down at this stage. He said as this is my 5th the uterus can be stretched from the previous pregnancies, so the baby may be comfortable that way.
    Has anyone else had the same problem and the baby went to head down position before birth ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep ds2 was transverse until about 37 weeks..... Look up I think it's turnmybaby.com I did some positions from there to help turn him down

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tazzy For This Useful Post:

Five kids  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My bub was transverse early on but he was head down by 32 weeks from memory. Bub still has time to turn and as your doc said he might have more room due to being your 5th. That might mean he'll be comfy and stay that way, but it also could mean that he will have plenty of room to roll around later on and possibly even during labour. I wouldn't worry just yet.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

Five kids  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was having a c/s anyway but I know at 32 weeks DD4 was transverse and my OB said she wouldn't go head down being that late into the pregnancy but she was head down when I had another scan at 34 weeks I actually felt her turn that night.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Five kids  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My Bub was transverse till about 34 weeks. It was so uncomfortable. I tried the exercises on the spinning babies website. ... to no much avail. She was transverse from about 25 weeks. .though flipped a lot. Finally she turned posterior at 35 ish weeks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Five kids  (10-06-2013)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Babies can turn very late in pregnancy, don't worry at this stage. You have 10- 12 weeks to go, heaps of time. I've actually heard from midwives stories of babies turning during labour. Now that's REAL last minute stuff!
    Last edited by MilkingMaid; 10-06-2013 at 16:42.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Five kids  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies everyone I will try some of the position exercises to try to get bubs to move.
    Hopefully it has plenty of time to move and won't be stubborn and stay where it is !
    I'm lucky that my other 4 births have been straight forward, fingers crossed this one will be too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bub was transverse from about 30w-33.5w. I'm now 34+2 and he is in a footling breech. My OB was quite unconcerned as there's plenty of time for him to change. Apparently, it is extremely uncommon for babies to remain transverse all the way until labour and bub will likely turn vertical (hopefully head down). Good luck!

DD Dec 2011, DS July 2013!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Windupbird For This Useful Post:

Five kids  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks windupbird, hopefully it will turn in time.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Five kids For This Useful Post:

Windupbird  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Five kids - I was also going to say that I looked like I had a watermelon lying sidewise in me when he was transverse with a big bump (head and bum) on either side. I could see and feel quite clearly when he turned vertical. An ultrasound confirmed that he is in footling breech, but it's been easy to keep track whether head is up or down as whenever he gets the hiccups the movement is up in my ribs as opposed to down in my pelvis as it was for my daughter.

Good luck! There really is a lot of time for him to change position and with all the room created by his previous siblings he might flip flop around for a bit longer. Xo

DD Dec 2011, DS July 2013!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Windupbird For This Useful Post:

Five kids  (17-06-2013)