+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Great news

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just wanted to update this thread and let everyone know that I had a great labour and delivery at 42 weeks, even with the induction As scared as I was beforehand it all actually went really well, and I suspect that it is because my body was already so close to going on its own.

I went in the night before to get the gel but they told me I didn't need it because I was already 2cm dialiated and my cervix was soft. So we went home and were to come back in the morning to have my waters broken.
    Early that morning (around 2:30am) I started having contractions on my own, but they were irregular and not too strong so we went in as planned to have my waters broken.
    We ended up having to wait until 12:30pm to get things started because they were so busy overnight that they hadn't had a room available (there were two other women waiting for inductions too). So they broke my water, and at that time I was 3cm and fully effaced So rather than start the drip straight away, they gave me 2 hours to see what would happen. After 2 hours I was still only 4cm and contractions were still a bit all over the place so we started the drip at 2:30pm. Less than 3 hours later my little boy was born

No epidural, I did have a couple of sucks on the gas but then I started vomiting. In hindsight I don't think the gas made me vomit, I didn't even feel any effects from it at all, I think it was just normal labour vomiting and I know now that I would have been in transition at that point. Plus I had the gas properly while they were stitching me up afterwards and I didn't vomit then.

I was amazed at how fast it went and how well I handled it. At the end I did ask for an epidural because I was sure I still had several more hours to go but then I started pushing before we even had time

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (24-06-2013)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh that is great news! Congratulations Welcome wee boy...