+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Small age gaps ?

We have dd 1 who is 10, ds who is 7 and dd2 is 11 weeks. Dp and I would love another bub so have decided not to use contraception. Are we mad ?? What age gaps do your children have and would you recommend the gap ? Why/why not ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My daughters are 6,4,3 and 1. There is 23months between 1&2, 10.5months between 2&3 and 2.2years between 3&4. I love my ages gap between the girls. The close gap does get hard when they are all sick or having a bad day/tired but being close they grow together, hopefully stay close friends and protect each other growing up.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pregnant with my second 10 weeks along and my DD is 9 months old. We took 8 years to conceive our first, after she was born and a few months had passed we decided to stop contraception and let nature decide(we both really want a large family). I thought it would take a bit longer, but am thrilled with the close ages. I hope they'll be interested in the same games and stories/movies and have a lot in common

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There's 23 months between DS an DD. I think it's a great age gap

Me(21)+DH(25)+DS(4)+DD(2)
    Tank(mastiff x)+Echo(oz cattle)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a 23 month age gap between ds1 and ds2 and I love it! It was hard to begin with but it gets easier and easier. If we start ttc now for our 3rd and conceive straight away we will have a 19 month age gap. It's chaotic and crazy but I love the chaos and I love that they will be close enough in age to play with the same toys and do the same activities. My house is clean but never spotless and I don't always get to have a shower when I want to but that's really as bad as it gets

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tazzy For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 14 month age gap between DD and DS and it is great. DD is 19 months and DS is 5 months. DD loves her little brother and was too young when he was born to be jealous etc. Even now she has no jealousy and adores him.

Be careful if you aren't sure you want two so close together, I fell pregnant the week I stopped the mini pill and cut back breast feeds. I though I was 5 week when I got a scan and was actually 8 weeks!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleo77 For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats what we did, after DD was born we decided to let nature take its course, I was successful at breastfeeding so I became pregnant once DD was weaning off on her own. We'll be having hub #2 when she'll be 17/18 months old. I think that's fine, its a natural gap and I dont feel it will be too difficult, however my DH's sisters were born barely 11 months apart, yes apparently his mum and dad got bingo on the first go 8 weeks after the birth. MIL always said how hard that was and looking at DD at 11 months I couldn't imagine also having a newborn to look after, also because of their closeness in age there is a lot of jealousy and fighting that might well be because they were treated like twins all their life but they're not! for exaple when DD1 was ready to let go of the dummy because she was 3 they made DD2 also give up her dummy but the poor thing was really only 2 yrs old and could probably have done with another year of dummy sucking... just an example.
    Anyway my point is, if you're breastfeeding and you're confident you'll have at least a few months in between go for it. But be aware that you could become pregnant sooner... a lot sooner and that might not be the best situation.
    But we did it and it worked out so good luck!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys

I'm not breast feeding. I'll be going back to work 2 days a week at the beginning of August. Dp also works part time and is a very hands on dad.

If I get pregnant again this will most likely be our last bub. I'd ideally like to wait until dd 2 is close to 1 and try again but dp wants a small age gap.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd1 & dd2 21 months I loved that age gap between dd2 and this bub just shy of 5 years

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My babies are 18 months apart and I love it. He is a good big brother to his 5 week old sibling very affectionate. Hell yeah it can be hard ( sleep wise) but if your oldest is a better sleeper than mine ( He won't go to sleep unless he can see us, wakes up 2-3 times a night and ends up in our bed by morning) you should be fine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

18. The Following User Says Thank You to glittertg For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (09-06-2013)