Closed Thread
Page 47 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree. The two things I learnt with ds' labor.....
    1. If you are happy and comfortable...DONT move!
    Regardless of who says what! I went from 0-3cm in about an hour, pain free sitting on the toilet. It hurt when I stood up, so id sit back down! Df insisted I needed a nurse, she insisted I needed to be checked/monitored, so up onto the bed I got....it took forever to get to the bed from pain, and I couldn't cope once I moved because the pain was excruciating! I don't remember contractions, just sciatica each time down both legs. My lesson is learnt! Ill be staying put!

2. If you can, sleep, sleep and more sleep early on in labor! I woke at 10am sunday, helped mum at her shop, as I was going to bed around 11 I felt a few bh, got a bit of mucous so walked around a bit, sat up too exited to sleep. 1am my waters broke, we had a fair drive on a horrible road to hospital, so we left by 2am, got there near 4am....by 11am we were being transferred to another hospital, my first time in an ambulance or flying!...landed and were st the other hospital around 3 pm monday...I had had about 20 mins sleep before being woken up for obs.... 5pm stuck on toilet, 7 pm asked for gas.... I was falling asleep between 2 min apart contractions, but only 3cm, while sucking the gas..... At 8pm when mum arrived she knew I want coping so got an epi. It took till 9am tuesday with the epi to go from 3-6 cm. which is when they decided it was taking too long and ds' was starting to stress, so off we went to theatre

I fully believe if I had some sleep sunday night, I could have gone longer, and maybe avoided the csect as my body just started shutting down....and I just couldn't cope with the pain when my mind was trying to sleep.

Last edited by shadowangel0205; 08-07-2013 at 00:44.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

JessyJ  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    Sorry, I don't know anything about Clomid. On another note... I've never met anyone else who says "confuzzled". I thought I made it up!
    I think confuzzled...the meaning...um...is to be beyond any reasonable idea as to why something is or is not the way it should be, with no solution in easy/determinable grasp. wdyt?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried a couple of pain meds with our first two - tried a suck on the gas - hated that and it stopped me from breathing. Same thing happened with the remi-fentinol - so only had it for a very short time before stopping that too as DH was standing over me trying to get me to take a breath. So most of the labours with our first two were pain-med free and were fine. In hindsight I was fortunate to have had an epi put in with our third (when I was fully dilated though - lol! So I only count the first 5 hours of labour, as the last hour when they turned from posterior I couldn't feel a thing) as I've turned into a bit of a bleeder and it meant that they could manually remove the retained placenta instead of sending me into theatre so I got to go home later that night - yeah! (He was also out in two pushes with no tears!) Not sure whether to do this with the next one or risk having to go to theatre again. It's about a 30% chance. Would love to go without the epi as I know that I can go without plus the added benefit of the labours now being shorter.

Shadow - just reading your story makes me feel tired! Our 2nd labour was our marathon baby, but at least we didn't have to keep transferring and travelling so far. I agree with you though - to do what works. I slept through pre-labour and then get moving and keep doing what I usually do to help things move along.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 08-07-2013 at 10:45.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

JessyJ  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ooh I love birth stories! I know you have all heard mine but I am going to share again anyway!

I was induced the day before ds's due date. My blood pressure had shot sky high that week 200 over 100. I had a stretch and sweep, ouchie!, As I was already 3cm, I was a lucky one who got three free centimetres! It didn't start anything so I turned up at the hospital at 7:30 to have my waters broken. That didn't happen till about 8:30. I spent the next 4 hours walking and climbing trying to start labor before I had to have the drip. But no luck. Drip went in at 1pm, they slowly turned up the rate till 2 pm when I had what I thought was my first contraction, I wasn't sure, though the moniter would record one. Then bam massive contraction, they came hard and fast, every two minutes, I totally freaked out, I had read 'birth skills' and had practised a few techniques, but I just wasn't prepared for how quickly it all started. I would stamp my feet and say over and over I can't do this. Then my lovely midwife got me in the spa, and I sucked on the gas, I found a lovely zone and just focused on each contraction bringing the end closer and the whistling of the gas tube thing as I sucked on it. It wasn't till 5:30 that my midwife wanted to check dilation, I wasn't keen to get out of the spa, but I remember i said all right but do it really quickly, and jumped up on the bed. I was 10 and told to push when I felt like it. I still had the gas tube but my midwife had turned it of as you can't push and have gas, she tried to do it sneakily but I knew and told her to turn it up, she went over there and pretended to turn it up the dear thing. Then I had the pushing urge and by gosh it is so strange all of a sudden I just had to push! I was in kind of in a weird squat at the end of the bed naked as the day I was born when my wonderful doctor walks in. His first words, well that looks comfortable! After a few pushes I am told I need an episiotomy to prevent a large tear, and getting the local was the most painful moment of my labour. A cupple more pushes and ds is placed on my chest. He started to look for the nipple straight away, and I don't remember birthing the placenter, or much of getting my stitches. He was here safe and sound.
    I would love to go into labor naturally this time but I am very happy be be induced again to if it is needed. If I could have the same birth again I would be extremely happy!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trio For This Useful Post:

Bebedayz  (09-07-2013),JessyJ  (08-07-2013),Little Ted  (08-07-2013),NewMrs  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Man, wish I had a birth story lol. I can only hope my mother's good births rub off on me... all hers were under 5 hours and with minimal meds. Sadly I doubt that is genetic hahaha.

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Heids89 View Post
    Man, wish I had a birth story lol. I can only hope my mother's good births rub off on me... all hers were under 5 hours and with minimal meds. Sadly I doubt that is genetic hahaha.
    Actually its likely to have a large genetic component (ie. Some families have a history of going to 43-43 weeks for example), so you never know!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Heids89  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlotchedTabby View Post
    Actually its likely to have a large genetic component (ie. Some families have a history of going to 43-43 weeks for example), so you never know!

My mum was overdue by 1 week with all of us I was the only one that wasn't induced as well. I probably won't go over thank goodness buts thats only cause of prior surgery I'm likely to go early hopefully not too early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 6wks early! Ds was 8 days early us kids were 10 days over, induced on edd, me 6wks early, and another bro 2wks early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heids89 View Post
    Wish I had a birth story too Heids.
    Love reading about all your experiences ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlotchedTabby View Post

Lets hope u are right! Mum was in labour with me for 4 hours and then 2 hours with my younger sister!