Closed Thread
Page 46 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JessyJ View Post
    I've never seen that program Becca, betting it's on Foxtel or similar? I always miss out on the good stuff with just free to air. Wobbler, choc and wine sounds perfect, and the weather is SOOO much better than last weekend! About to enter into serious baby dancing territory - tried to get a bit of afternoon delight while DD was down but DH not really feeling like it (he can't stop thinking about real estate!) so will have to put on something racy and hope to get some in between dinner and the F1 tonight Wish me luck!
    I was actually watching it on YouTube. Good luck getting a bd session in.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

JessyJ  (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    Watching the business of being born. It's pretty interesting. Makes me feel lucky to be in Australia.
    It's really eye opening! USA is just messed up in general with all health services. I must say though, it really explained why i see all those women on one born every minute usa are not engaged in active births and why obs always deliver their babies! So glad I live in aus

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Heids89 View Post
    It's really eye opening! USA is just messed up in general with all health services. I must say though, it really explained why i see all those women on one born every minute usa are not engaged in active births and why obs always deliver their babies! So glad I live in aus
    It's almost like a, what not to do, to engage in active labour/birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahhaha yes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Becca, do you have the link to it? I can't find the full version.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Um my partner closed the link I just searched in YouTube, the business of being born. It was the first one...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Found it! It's a great documentary. Even I was insisting that I'd definitely need an epidural. But after watching that I think I'll see if I can cope with the pain first before making decisions. My body might surprise me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    so the end of the weekend again why can't they last forever lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

Bebedayz  (08-07-2013),Mamasupial  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomie View Post
    Found it! It's a great documentary. Even I was insisting that I'd definitely need an epidural. But after watching that I think I'll see if I can cope with the pain first before making decisions. My body might surprise me...
    It probably will. One of the more recent one born every minute UK eps featured an american woman who insisted on an epidural straight away. The midwives had a little ***** about her saying if she didn't have it the baby would have been born hours earlier. It seems to be so normal for them? Mind you I could be a big wuss and demand one early

I'm glad the weekends over as DF was away all weekend, I was so bored!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know what? Your body will suprise you, your pain threashold is so much higher, you go into a zone and you can do it without an epi (if you want)!

With dd, I had an epidural after 5 hours of pushing with not a lot happening (posteria suprise!) and it was lovely because I was so exhausted and I had a forceps delivery and you WOULD NOT want to do that without an epi I laboured really well before the pushing stage and attribute that to being in the bath and just going with the flow.

Just personally I can't stand seeing those women on obem just hanging out and doing no work and being so disengaged with their labour. All you girls utd look for a calmbirth course instead of/as well as the hospital one, it helped me through labour beautifully.

Will have to check out youtube