Closed Thread
Page 36 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomie View Post
    Well I'm seeing the doc on the 15th. I'll be 6 weeks by then so I'm not sure if you can do an accurate dating scan then? I hope so.
    You should be able to Nomie.
    My first pregnancy the u/s only showed the yolk sac & the technician said I was 5 weeks 2 days by his measurements

2. The Following User Says Thank You to miss v For This Useful Post:

Pumpkaboo  (02-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miss v View Post
    You should be able to Nomie.
    My first pregnancy the u/s only showed the yolk sac & the technician said I was 5 weeks 2 days by his measurements
    I'm so looking forward to having an actual date that makes sense! But also scared of coping with not seeing a heartbeat, even though I know it'd be too early. Miss V when they date it on the ultrasound, do they go purely on measurements and what they can see? And ignore lmp? I hope so!
    Are you excited Nomie, or anxious?! Or both?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Daenerys, sorry, im not miss V.... but when its early they base scan dates on bubs crown to rump length (Their size) its usually in MM!!! They are SOOO tiny at dating scans Somewhere around 6 weeks (4 weeks from Ovulation/conception) they are able to see the heartbeat. Some people see it a few days before, some see it a bit later around 7 weeks. Its like anything with pregnancy - theres some variations. But the size for days is fairly standard. They can be a couple of days out from when you think you ovulated etc and its still fine too. Your GP/OB/MW will decide on which date to use. With DS i ovulated on cd17, so 3 days after the average one they use to calculate dates from LMP. At my first scan he measured 5 days behind, 2nd scan he was 3 days behind (Perfect based on O date) at my 20wk scan he was measuring a week ahead! At 36wks he was measuring 40 weeks!! They estimated 3kgs! When he was born at 38+6 he was only 49cm long, but was 4.080kgs! (9lbs). My OB chose to go by my LMP.

Ohhh...some places may offer an internal scan (totally up to you) they are a bit uncomfortable and slightly degrading, but they are very descrete and sensitive...and they can give better pictures and measurements.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

DaenerysT  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JessyJ View Post
    I haven't worked it our but if I'm lucky this next time, maybe I'll be due the end of March?!
    Yes that would fantastic! we could all have our second babies together!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trio For This Useful Post:

JessyJ  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Daenerys, sorry, im not miss V.... but when its early they base scan dates on bubs crown to rump length (Their size) its usually in MM!!! They are SOOO tiny at dating scans Somewhere around 6 weeks (4 weeks from Ovulation/conception) they are able to see the heartbeat. Some people see it a few days before, some see it a bit later around 7 weeks. Its like anything with pregnancy - theres some variations. But the size for days is fairly standard. They can be a couple of days out from when you think you ovulated etc and its still fine too. Your GP/OB/MW will decide on which date to use. With DS i ovulated on cd17, so 3 days after the average one they use to calculate dates from LMP. At my first scan he measured 5 days behind, 2nd scan he was 3 days behind (Perfect based on O date) at my 20wk scan he was measuring a week ahead! At 36wks he was measuring 40 weeks!! They estimated 3kgs! When he was born at 38+6 he was only 49cm long, but was 4.080kgs! (9lbs). My OB chose to go by my LMP.

Ohhh...some places may offer an internal scan (totally up to you) they are a bit uncomfortable and slightly degrading, but they are very descrete and sensitive...and they can give better pictures and measurements.
    Just keep in mind that all measurements are based on the 'average' baby / growth whilst inside. If you know when you o'd and rough cycle length - this is a better way. The earlier scans between 6-8 weeks are more accurate for my babies than the 12 or 20 week scans as ours did the opposite to shadow's bub - all three of our kids got smaller in comparison to the norm, so at 12 weeks it's about 4 days out, by the 20 week scan it is about 8 days out, then it's one to two cm behind in fundal height by the end. There's some white text for what happened but didn't want to put it up in case not everyone wanted to hear the birth part. Which...is okay if the baby comes on time. We were on clomid with monitored cycles for our first and knew the dates, I remember crying because they wouldn't believe me. Hence, they pushed our dates forward and I went for a post-dates check up only to not be able to find his heart beat. They wouldn't let me walk upstairs to the labour ward, but were able to find his heartbeat once hooked up - it was sitting around 60bpm (the same as mine), and was in distress. They tried to get him out for 10 hours induction and my body wouldn't take over and he was dipping all the time. There were no waters and the placenta no longer functioning fully, they tested his oxygen levels along the way and eventually he was no longer getting oxygen. They knocked me out and got him out via c-section. He was very scrawny and dry - I doubt he got much nourishment for some time. He is now in the 97th percentile for height.

After this they always put us under the head of obstetrics and have had no problems. One came on his due date and the other 11 days over and less than a day before they were going to mechanically induce.
    I also know a lady like shadow who have to fight back the other way so that they don't induce too early!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

DaenerysT  (03-07-2013)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Amazing story Little Ted.

You really need to push for what you want...seriously do not take no for an answer. Obs, drs, midwives are all human so they do make mistakes, and different drs have different philosophies on childbirth, pregnancy & labour. I would highly recommend doing your own research.

Like Little Ted said as well re early induction...I've heard of people going to 43 weeks who have a family history of going past 42 weeks. Sometimes it can be normal.

Scans can be out quite a bit also.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 03-07-2013 at 16:55.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

JessyJ  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah the last thing I want is to be induced early because they think I'm two weeks ahead of my actual date. I'm sure it'll all be fine though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you shadowangel and little Ted.

Well.... I get to have an ultrasound tomorrow! Had a bloodtest today and hcg is 2134! Yay! Sundays number was 513.
    Blood taker lady looked at my arm and explained that the doctor stuck the needle in my artery when at the hospital on sunday, so no wonder it hurt like hell and there was blood ****ing out everywhere!
    Still want to send her a thank you card though, she was so incredibly lovely, and genuinely cared, and she was so happy when she got to tell me the results! She was great.

So yes, ultrasound tomorrow, according to lmp I was six weeks on monday, but my cycles are around 32 days, so I'm thinking too early for heartbeat, but this baby continues to surprise us so who knows?!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    My birthday is the end of March, so I can confirm that end of March babies are awesome! I wouldn't mind a baby as my 36th birthday present either
    Me too Funchu! End of March babies rock

All great advice girls, reading your posts about scans, due dates and birth just takes me back and makes me excited all over again!!!
    I had an internal scan at 6w2d, bit awkward, but saw the sack with yolk and heartbeat was strong. We called her seahorse cos thats what she kinda looked like!

Enjoy it girls! It's gotta be your turn next miss v, got everything I possibly can crossed for you :thumbup:

Enjoying what should be my last glass hopefully, due to o early next week

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JessyJ For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!!
    Nomie - I'd like to send a huge and a on the awesome roll call!! It's looking so impressive! We've come so far since this thread started!!! I had my dating scan at 6+5 and we saw the baby, yolk sac and heartbeat it was amazing!! One moment I'll never forget! Don't worry too much about the dating scan they will possibly change your dates at the 12 week scan if anything is ahead or behind.

I'm glad to hear that there are still a few of the newly preggo ladies hanging around here. I've always felt a little unsure if I should still be hanging around (I didn't want to rub my pregnancy in anyone's face, I know how hard the ttc process is) but I like you all so much and we've been through so much together!!

I had my 20 week scan on Monday (I can't believe I'm half way!) it's gone so bloody fast! I got a DVD of the whole scan, I keep watching it in absolute awe!!!

So who is due to test next???
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Disney; 03-07-2013 at 20:34.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Disney For This Useful Post:

Bebedayz  (04-07-2013),Funchu  (03-07-2013),JessyJ  (03-07-2013),Little Ted  (03-07-2013),Pumpkaboo  (03-07-2013)