+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely sounds like something else is up, so I'm still on the "she is dealing with her own issues" viewpoint. Though still think your psychic powers need a retune.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    She may well be dealing with her own things and I'm ok with calling the day short. I'm not ok with her placing blame on us for something we had no control over.

Sent from my pho....oh who am I kidding. It's rarely used as a phone

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Are the boys good little mates? Good for each other, get on well etc?

If they are, it seems a shame to stop your DS from going over for a play with his friend over what might just be a miscommunication between the adults involved, iykwim?

Might be worth a text or phone call to see if you can sort it out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    They seem great out of school. In school ds's friend seems as fickle as his mother. He'll talk to ds when he has no one else to talk to. I'd still be happy to have him here and I guess I'd be ok with ds going there as long as it's not on a sunday and there are clear times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I agree with pouts. Perhaps the Aunty had last minute plans. Who told your DS that they were staying home because of him? If is was his friend perhaps the other little kid misunderstood? Perhaps the parents couldn't be stuffed going to church and told the little boy a white lie and the little boy made more assumptions...

Too many unknowns here to make a definitive judgement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    The aunty was still there when I arrived to pick up ds so if she had plans it wasn't until after they were already meant to be at church. Ds said the mother had told him he was the reason they weren't going. The txt also clearly says the his friend wasn't well but ds was certain he was fine. He was certainly acting fine when I was there.

Like I said before, I'll contact her tomorrow to clarify it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would be a little annoyed but I wouldn't stop my child's out of school friendship over it.
    Maybe she said that because she couldn't be bothered going but felt guilty, so had to put the blame (wrongly) on to someone else, in front of the others so when and if someone asked why they weren't at church it was because your son was there?
    I would call/text or question her about it though.
    Last edited by mummyrissa; 09-06-2013 at 21:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just weird - since you know that they have church on Sunday's I don't see what the issue would have been with picking up the phone and saying "hey, sorry aunty is no longer able to watch the boys, we'll drop DS off at yours at xxxx time on our way to church". Mind games and blaming it on your son is just out of line.

What was his mother like when you picked him up?

What religion/church are they if you don't mind me asking, I'm impressed that they're able to call in and listen to the service over the phone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I actually didn't see her when I got there. Ds was led out the door by the aunty and said goodbye. That was about it. I'm used to going in and asking how he behaved and what they got up to but couldn't do that.

They're JWs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post
    I actually didn't see her when I got there. Ds was led out the door by the aunty and said goodbye. That was about it. I'm used to going in and asking how he behaved and what they got up to but couldn't do that.

They're JWs.

Do you think she was avoiding you?