+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fertility problems and depressed

Hi. Me and my partner have been TTC for 4 years. I've just turned 34. We started getting checked out recently and found out that my hubby has low testosterone, low sperm count and poor sperm motility. The doctor thinks he may have Klinefelters syndrome. We're waiting for blood test results to confirm that. I have depression and am just really sad and feeling hopeless. I don't think that we'll be able to have a baby. My psychologist tells me that the door isn't closed yet but I find it so hard to stay hopeful. I'm hoping I can find some support and information on this forum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

Just wanted to say hi and welcome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought i would pop by and say hello. We have only been trying for nearly a year but i can kind of understand some of the pain you must be feeling. It is not an easy process and depression can knock you out when everything is perfect let alone TTC.

If you ever need a friend let me know

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. It's nice to feel welcome and know that people understand the difficulties of TTC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Cuttlefish and welcome. I can understand where you are coming from. We took 3 years ttc due to fetility issues and it does knock you around.
    Hopefully the drs will put a plan in place and you will have your bfp soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi cuttlefish welcome! I think you have come to the right place for support and information... I too ttc for 7 years and I found wonderful support from people going through the same thing! I to had depression (although not diagnosed by a doctor) and I found it really hard to find support from people in real life. I found the forum allowed me to lose all my inhibitions and be able to open up truly about my feelings. I know it's hard but don't lose heart... Keep at your doctors to make a plan for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi cuttlefish.
    i too understand the depression you are feeling. Month after month, heartbreak after heartbreak really start to take their toll. Do you have a plan in place for possible outcomes of the blood tests? I know that, personally now that I have some plans in place I feel I can cope a little better.
    Goodluck with everything and I hope you find the support you need on here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome to the forum. Hubby and I have been ttc for a little over 2 years. When we started ttc, had no idea what was ahead of us. Rather than the incredible joy of a bfp, we've been faced with month after month of let downs. Ttc is often not an easy ride bad some days/weeks are definitely much harder than others *hugs*