+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I get horrendous cold sores! I keep a bottle of surgical spirits in my bathroom and decanted some into a little container I keep in my bag. I just dab it on every hour or so. i find mine heal faster if they are clean and dry.

Lysine, zinc & B12 are good at preventing them and reducing the lengh of the break out but dont relief straight away. I take a small overdose of the Lysine the moment I get a tingle and take a little more than they bottle recommends until they are clear.

Lysine is only safe in small quantities in pregnancy though. I think its 500mg twice a day from memory but I would check with the pharmacist!

Good luck. Coldsores are bloody horrible x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks girls.

the coldsore is a but better, just havent put anything on it cos when its wet it feels worsen so have kept it dry. Went to the dr last night and he prescribed antibiotics for my swollen gland. He was amazed at how big it was and wasnt sure what to do about it cos it was so big. Antibiotics for now and will go back if doesnt go down. Its so painful and i ended up with a migraine and feeling like i was going to throw up cos of the pain. Its horrendous!! Thanks for all the advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    should dd and i get tested for mumps?? my mil mentioned it to me that i may have it. My lymph node is really swollen and looks like the pics. my dd has large nodes on he neck too. Is It possible do you think??

might have to kid sit tomorrow morni.g so im worried as i could pass it on. What Should i do?? Should i let her know and get tested?? Crap. Im totally screwed arent i.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That doesnt sound like an ordinary cold sore.. I dont believe I have ever had swollen glands during an outbreak. A gp visit might not be a bad idea just to check it isnt something else

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app