+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Red face anyone awake? Need some help but google is being useless.

Anyone have any tips on coldsore relief?? I have a nasty one that goes from my chin and trails up to the bottom of my lip. its so sore and swollen. have Tried batadine coldsore cream but its sh1t and makes it worse. For Some relief earlier tonight i picked at it (i know its bad but i was desperate) and squeesed the puss out and then applied ice. The ice worked but im not sure if im allowed and im kinda worried it will spread more with me doing that.

also. Is thee anything i can do for swollen glands?
    my glad has swollen so my that it is stretching from one side to the other! I thought that maybe they are both swollen but nope its just one. Its really painful and i can hardly move my head. Its also sending pain through my head and neck. Have taken panadol but it hasnt worked. Ive had swollen glands before but this one takes the cake i seriously didnt think it was possible for them to get this big. Though I cant remember the last time tis one was swollen, normally its the other one that swells.

anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ice and alcohol like scotch on the cold sore. That's what my husband uses when he's out if cream and the chemist is closed. As for the glands, I have no idea. Do you have anything stronger than Panadol?

Thanks
    Reviews
    no alcohol here but since it was suggeste, i will keep at ut with the ice.

we only have panadol or endone. Dh wont let me take endone cos uit makes me dizzy and faint. (its too strong for me) thanks for the help it helps to know someone else has used ice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I remember my dad dabbing metho on his, seemed to work.
    Can you try a heat pack on your neck?

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    A couple dabs of tea tree oil is amazing on them. I use Zovirax when I get them and it clears mine up pretty quick but if you've already tried cream perhaps try the tea tree and keep ice for the swelling.

Sent from my talky stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    l-lysine is magic, if you take two when you first get the tingle then they wont even come up and if you got one already it heals so much faster.
    The other thing is put some sort of barrier cream like paw paw or Vaseline on it to help keep it moist so that it does dry out and hurt so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Endone is horrid!! I had a c-section 3 weeks ago and they gave me Endone. I was totally tripping out! I told the nurses to never give me that again.

Hope you feel better today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beta dine cold sore cream isn't anti viral (I think). If you want something to hasten the healing, you need to use an anti viral cream like Zovirax or chemist brand. Generally the active ingredient is acyclovir.

L-lysine is great to help, as a PP mentioned.

Definitely don't pick at it. That will make it worse..

Endone is a very strong analgesic. It is too strong for your symptoms. People get a little blasé about using it, but forget that it is a drug of addiction. It is one of the drugs we need to count from shift to shift in hospitals to make sure none goes missing. One endone equals the strength of two panadeine forte.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zovirax, compeed patches and ice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once it has turned into a sore, zovairax is useless. It's only effective 'from the tingle'. Best to use betadine and if you can, get to the pharmacy and ask the pharmacist for Famciclovir.