+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Witching Hour

So when is witching hour in your house and how long does it go for? My 5 week old DD seems to go through her fussy, unsettled phase anywhere between 3 and 11 pm and sometimes for that whole time. She has been like this since she was 2 weeks old. It doesn't bother me but I am just curious as to how it is for others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my DD was a bub like yours, between 5pm and 8pm was a bit of a nightmare... Can't remember how long it lasted for, but I think it was only a few weeks ...fingers crossed your 'witching hour' is a fleeting phase

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first dd had witching hour between 4-6pm with dd2 i put hrt down for 30 min nap at 4:30 pm got dinner quickly just incase she was unhappy but usually nap cured it she was in bed.7-7:30pm would definately do this again if we have another bub

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We find that feeding extra during that time and a bath/shower calms him down and solves the whole situation so he goes to sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Witching hour for us is from around 4pm - 8pm. DS2 is 8 weeks and has been like this since birth. He pretty much feeds that whole time, then eventually konks out and has a good chunk of sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My DD1 and DD2 never really had one, but my DS had witching hour from about 5pm when I was trying to get dinner ready, bath DD1 etc.

I don't remember how long it lasted, maybe a couple of months?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Are you breastfeeding?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Neither of my boys really had one, however DS2 was inconsolable at the end of the day (from about 2ish onwards) from about 10 days old til about 2.5/3 weeks where I was diagnosed with a supply issue prescribed domperidome and expressing & topping up each feed. After that it was like I had a completely different child!

Not saying that this is what's happening with you, as I have friends who bf - with no supply issue, and they encounter witching hour too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MY girls is 5 weeks and her witching hours is anywhere between 5-9pm. I try to get her to sleep at 6-7 to get her to sleep though it.
    I find a bath and lots of breastfeeding helps. Also wondering when this period will end! Not too much fun. I also found the baby carrier helps settle her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Are you breastfeeding?
    yeah I am. I basically just feed her heaps and either me or my DP hold her till we go to bed. She sleeps fantastically at night so I don't care.