+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was never ever done at #3. I tried so hard to pretend J was and was over the moon when #4 was conceived after 5 minutes of discussing having another one! Lol!
    The pregnancy was hard though. I was so sick and really tired. And now she is here life is hectic and wonderful.
    There is no way I could stretch myself to have another one.
    I love labour and birth though and would do all that again in a heart beat! But I owe it to my kids to be the best mother I can possibly be and that means for ME we are absolutely done at #4.
    I'm 32 and looking forward to being 40 and having all of them well and truly at school and finally having a career after studying!
    I agree with PP, just the fact that you've asked means you're not done!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I only ever really wanted 2, but as soon as I had ds2 I really wanted another.

My kids are hard work but I love them and I want another for them just as much for me. DH was set on 2 and we've had a fair few arguments on this topic, but I'm happy to say he's changed his mind now, I hope.

Anyways he better be happy coz I'm now 6 weeks pregnant.

Thankfully I feel pretty good (both previous times I felt shocking) so no regrets thus far!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I thought 3 was it for us but now she's here I definitely want another, sooner rather than later.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cluckcluck For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me, knowing we were complete with two children was very easy for me to know. I asked myself these questions:

1. Do we have room for another child in this house?
    2. Can we afford to provide well for another child without me returning to work?
    3. Do I want to do it all again physically? (pregnancy, birth, newborn, breastfeeding etc)?

I could easily and quickly answer "no" to all of the above. I was sure and so was my husband. He had a vasectomy asap!

No regrets. I don't get clucky. I think fondly of the baby days but know I just wouldn't want to do it all again. I enjoy looking at other's babies and holding them, but I just do not want to be the one doing it full time!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh and both children are the same gender but I had no desire to try for the other gender. Happy with what nature gave me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I knew as soon as I was done, I just felt it. I wasn't clucky anymore, the thought of having another ones terrifies me. I wish I had of had my tubes tied when I had a section. I have never had a thought the other way since feeling done.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for taking the time to reply...

You are right.. The fact Iam still thinking about it means I'm probably not ready to stop yet. I discussed with dh and he is keen so that's a good sign..

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (10-06-2013),beebs  (09-06-2013),onedayatatime  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I think when you are done, you know you are done. Just by the fact you say you would like another tells me you aren't.
    Yes, this. I've never wanted more than one child, I knew it before I was pregnant, during my pregnancy and now I have my wonderful ds I still have no desire to have more! I don't think you're done op

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never wanted children but that all changed when DD was born then I said I wanted 2 and after DS1 was born I still felt that way but when DD started prep and DS1 was 3 I asked DH what he thought about going again and he was all for it. After 3 years we got our little DS2 and I don't know if it is because I lost 3 babies but I still feel as though there is more mothering in me to give and I don't know how to explain it but just like I was certain I wanted number 3 I am certain I want number 4 but unfortunately because of how my body breaks down during pregnancy DH doesn't want me to have another so we have talked about looking into adoption. I think if you are unsure if you are done then there is probably some part of you that will decide in a few years that you want another.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always said 2, DP said 3. It took me over 3 yrs to be convinced to try for no. 2. And I said that was definitely it. But I started feeling really clucky. I never felt like that with my first 2 and kind of put it down to me knowing I wasn't going to have any more. But, after talking with DP (who I think may be more keen than me, after all he's not the one going thru pregnancy) I have come off the pill and we'll see what happens over the next 6 mths. I turn 40 next mth which is a big factor in whether it happens or not for me. Saying that I had 2 great pregnancies, though I swore I'd never go thru it again during a Perth heat wave and with a 3 yr old. What the heck will I be like with a 5 yr old and 14mth old 😳😱😁

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaleggos For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (10-06-2013)