+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As for sticking to your budget, you have to decide the things are most important and others that you are willing to skimp on or say no to. I shopped around a lot! I ended up buying heaps online, including our bouquets. There are so many things that can be cheaper to buy rather than hire, like chair sashes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We got married in 2009....seems like ages ago now, lol!! But I loved looking through all the bridal magazines to figure out what we wanted/needed.

Then I used the Internet to researc everything....things are just sooo much cheaper online!!

The most expensive thing was the reception. I made the invitations myself (turned out way better than I ever expected) & got my wedding dress at a half yearly sale for a third of its normal price. Have fun! I loved planning our wedding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing as well!
    2 of my sil are getting married... And lucky me gets to help both

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trying4no2 View Post
    Subbing as well!
    2 of my sil are getting married... And lucky me gets to help both
    Oh I also wrote this as I'm a maid of honour to my friend too and I'm clueless to what to do there!

I went to the winter bridal expo and got loads mags and they have all the checklists, I started a book (wrote down where we are having our wedding which is bird in hand winery) if you want to check it out hehe.

I spoke to df and asked what's most important and he said getting married MEN are so dumb lol! Then he said the venue and food! Thanks lovely, so now I can work on from that. It's $4,000 for venue then I have to add on per head I'm freaking out already. :/