+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default having twins

hi all just wanted to give you an update found out last week when me and my partner wend for the first ultrasound we found out that we are having twins. so now things are going to be twice as hard and twice as exciting so i am putting this out the. if there is anyone who can help me out with some general advice as these will be my first two children and have a lot to learn in a short amount of time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations!!

I don't have advice for twins sorry but there is a 'parents of multiples' section on the forum.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats! How far along are you?

I am 30 weeks pregnant with twin boys. It is quite a learning curve to start with. I have a 3yo son too.

See the parents of multiples section for more info about twins:
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ultiple-Births

There are Multiple birth association groups that you can join for support too and an associated forum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I had identical girl twins a year ago
    Ill tell you this its not easy it's double the work and double the cost but the moments when they look at eachother and laugh and watching them grow up together is amazing and something you will never want to take back....... When it comes to feeding the best advice I can give you is to get two baby rockers as you will want them feeding at the same time it's do much harder if each baby has their own routine if your breast feeding tho I'm not too sure what to advise you to do as I opted out thinking it would be too hard. Having twins is a gift congrats and best of luck with everything your gunna be busy soon :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have 10 mth old twins. I freaked out when I first found out but honestly, its much easier than I thought it would be. I am breastfeeding and I got a good pillow so I could feed them together if I needed to, but have only done it a few times. Usually I feed them one at a time, but straight after one another, which meant waking one when the other woke for a feed, but found I got much more sleep this way. I try to feed and put them to sleep at the same time, but I also kee in mind they are two different people with different needs.

They shared a cot for the first 4-ish months then we put them in separate cots (still in our room), but now one is in a cot with the side off pushed up against our bed, and the other sleeps in the middle of me and hubby.

i never wanted twins but feel so blessed now, like PP said, watching them interact is so beautiful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 24 weeks pregnant with twin boys. Highly recommend the multiples forum. Also the Australian multiple birth association is great also you can use their website or they are on Facebook too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A routine worked for me. And save some money so you can hire a night nanny once a week so you can get some sleep! This really helped to keep me sane. I also couldn't have survived without:

- a white noise machine
    - two baby hammocks

most of all, don't worry about inessentials. It's all about survival in the first few months.