+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, im so sorry this happened, pushing and shoving isn't great, but kicking someone in the head?! That's absolutely shocking.

How does a 5/6 year old even think to kick someone in the head!

I really hope your son is okay, sometimes it takes a little while for head injuries to make themselves known, I'd be going to your gp every week, for him to be checked out, your poor little boy, and you and your husband too, that would be so traumatic to see

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh that's terrible, poor little guy!

I would speak to an official at the club. That way, you have someone 'of authority' to speak to the parents about managing his behavior, like constant supervision, sitting him out from the activity if there's an incident etc. Better coming from an official rather than you or the coach, as that could get a bit awkward.

Is your son in the under 6's? This boy can play in the 6's as long as he's not turning 7 til next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post

Is your son in the under 6's? This boy can play in the 6's as long as he's not turning 7 til next year.
    It is an under 6's team, he is 6 this year. I think most if not all the others are 6 next year. I am unsure of the rules with age but have heard they aren't too strict with the ages in the young sections.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cheekyboys View Post
    It is an under 6's team, he is 6 this year. I think most if not all the others are 6 next year. I am unsure of the rules with age but have heard they aren't too strict with the ages in the young sections.
    Then he is within the rules for age.

Does he pick on the other kids as well? Is there another U6's team in the club that you could change to ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that is so horrible and you have every right to be so upset. I would definitely follow it up with your club as they need to be aware. If anybody has to leave the team it should be the other boy, not your son.

In the competition my daughter plays in the lowest grade is under 6's and they can play in that team as long as they don't turn 7 before Dec 31. My DD is only 5 but we have some 6 year olds in our team and a 4 year old as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Then he is within the rules for age.

Does he pick on the other kids as well? Is there another U6's team in the club that you could change to ?
    He certainly takes other kids balls and small niggley things like that. 1st training session he was sat out for a few minutes because he threw another boy to the ground. He is extremely competitive and my son was training well the other night and stopped some goals and got the ball off him and I don't think he liked that he was being challenged.

It is an inter club comp, so there are 9 other teams. If they both stay in the team I think this needs to be a first and final warning. The coach has said he will be watching him like a hawk if they are back training and playing with each other. They split into two teams for the games and they are normally in separate teams as they are both good players. The whole situation is sad and has made my husband and I feel sick.

Thanks everyone for the concern and advise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    Oh that is so horrible and you have every right to be so upset. I would definitely follow it up with your club as they need to be aware. If anybody has to leave the team it should be the other boy, not your son.

In the competition my daughter plays in the lowest grade is under 6's and they can play in that team as long as they don't turn 7 before Dec 31. My DD is only 5 but we have some 6 year olds in our team and a 4 year old as well.
    This scares me now. As my youngest is 4 in September which means he can start next year. I'm worried that he'll be playing with 6 year olds! We'll see when the time comes I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would have absolutely ROPABLE if some child kicked my child in the head. I would have marched that child straight off the field. I also would be taking the medical report straight to the parents and informed then that if it happened again I would be campaigning for that child's instant dismissal from the team. Clearly something is not 100 percent with that child to warrant kicking someone else in the head. Is the child being abused? Wow. Not cool. And no I wouldn't be taking my child out. And def make the team aware...