+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DarcyJ View Post
    I have to ask, why go sit on the toilet? Is this because you don't get time to sit on the toilet when you have a bub?

I'm 10 days over now and still no sign of bub arriving, I'm making the most of it by sleeping in, having nice long relaxing baths, relaxing on the lounge all day watching DVDs or playing games, just generally trying to rest as much as possible. Not sure I want to waste my last few days of non-motherhood sitting on the loo for no reason though
    Pretend you're on the toilet, ready?

If it's a baby you'll have been there for approx .0005 of a second ''waa, waa, waa'' doesn't matter if they were fast asleep when you went in there. They know.

For a toddler - *bang* *bang* *bang* (either on the door or ANYWHERE in the house. Plus, 'mum, mum, mum, mummy, mummy, MUMmy, MUMMY, MUM,MUM, MUM, MUM''

That's why you should spend your non sleeping baby free days on the toilet

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post

If it's a baby you'll have been there for approx .0005 of a second ''waa, waa, waa'' doesn't matter if they were fast asleep when you went in there. They know.

For a toddler - *bang* *bang* *bang* (either on the door or ANYWHERE in the house. Plus, 'mum, mum, mum, mummy, mummy, MUMmy, MUMMY, MUM,MUM, MUM, MUM''

PMSL!!!!! I live on my own and as a result rarely shut the door (unless I have someone over of course!). Occasionally the cats come and look at me while I am weeing. Used to freak me out until I realised I do the same to them so fair's fair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have a shower. ..a nice looooooong shower
    All the best with your labour and enjoy meeting your bubba xx

Sent from my GT-N7105 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to meljemillie For This Useful Post:

Miss Leopard  (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Leopard View Post
    PMSL!!!!! I live on my own and as a result rarely shut the door (unless I have someone over of course!). Occasionally the cats come and look at me while I am weeing. Used to freak me out until I realised I do the same to them so fair's fair.
    Ah yes, the cat stare. Good practice for the 'young child stare' really.

''whats that mummy?''
    ''argh! How long have you been there?!''

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (08-06-2013),Miss Leopard  (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post

I normally spend my toilet time now with DS on my lap and DD verbally documenting my every "movement", whatever that may be........

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (10-06-2013),dancingchipmunk  (08-06-2013),Miss Leopard  (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have as much 'you' time as you can, go out and get your hair done, have a facial maybe even a foot rub. Have a date night, even if it isn't all fancy just have a nice night out together. Catch up with friends and if your parents are close by spend some quality time with them. Sleep in until noon then spend the rest of the day in your pjs watching movies or tv or even just do some reading. From now until the baby is born spoil yourself and be as self indulgent in pampering yourself because once the baby is born you will never put yourself first again

11. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Leopard View Post
    What a lovely idea. Am planning on taking Mum and Dad out to dinner the night before - they are going to have to be my hot date as I am going to be a single parent.... no other half (since about 14 weeks preg).
    !!!!
    Ok, so I had my DH around with DS1 so could still get some time on my own occasionally. With DS2 (13wks) I was/am on my own with both of them, and it changes everything!!

You have already done heaps which is awesome, you sound well organised. So I will reiterate what other PP have said - SLEEP or REST. Even if you don't feel tired, do it, trust me/us.

I went for my first pedi & haircut/colour since DS2 last week and took him with me - disaster, ha ha! So I strongly advise you go get some pampering and any 'maintenance' you need done.

Make sure your car has been recently serviced, one less thing to worry about for awhile when on your own & not working.

Make sure you have plenty of snacks in the house. There's nothing worse than having the munchies late at night with no partner to send to the shop Especially if you plan on breastfeeding, you will be ravenous the first few weeks.

My sisters and I had a lovely meal and went to gold class before DS2 was born, which was really nice.

Whilst it's true life doesn't stop when kids arrive, it certainly does change whether you like it or not!

Good luck x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post: