+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Cramping after a D&C?

Hi all
    I had a D&C on Wednesday morning and it is now Saturday evening and I'm still having cramping and a fair amount of blood. The cramping is tolerable (a bit like bad period pain) but it isn't any better after two Nurofens. I've also experienced quite a bit of dizziness.
    How long did everyone else have cramping for? I don't want to ring my OB if I don't have to (I spoke to her Wed night and I don't want to sound paranoid ).
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good evening,
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    I had a d&c on Tuesday (my second one) my first one was totally different. This time i have the same symptoms as you except i have no bleeding, I have had a fair bit of cramping even after pain killers still pretty painful i woke up at 1:30am friday morning in agony, apparently it's the uterus contracting back down to size I think it is normal. I have also been really dizzy and terrible headaches, and I think that is for stress, hormones and the anaesthetic still in your system. I was really worried yesterday but feeling better today, I didn't want to call my ob either I didn't want to sound like a crazy person worrying about everything. You should start feeling better in the next day or 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry to hear that you have been through this
    I had mild cramps for a week or so after mine and was told that it's normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. Glad to hear that my cramping sounds "normal"

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still have cramping so I rang my OB this afternoon and she said it was still somewhat "normal". If it gets worse or if I still have it by Friday I need to call her back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope you feel better soon :-) I have no cramping now still getting mild headaches.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are headaches an after effect too? I've been having them too!

I hope your headaches clear up soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think they are cause i dont normally get them i think its from the hormones. I just love being a female sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it's fabulous! Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Two days after my d&c I ended up in hospital with uncontrollable cramps and bleeding and passing huge clots. They had left some remains in there (very common as they don't scrape the lining too much because it can cause scarring and infertility) so I ended up with a d&c and a mc

Ended up on antibiotics and bled for 4 weeks. Hope you feel better soon! Don't hesitate to see your doc if the pain is bad as it can be a sign of infection. Xo