+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Concerned...

Hi I posted this is general pregnancy chat but I was advised it might be better in this section, so I will cut and paste:
    Hi everyone...
    I have just found out I am almost 7 weeks pregnant with twins. On Thursday I had my first scan and the sonographer said that he could see the 2 sacks, but he was concerned as he could see nothing inside. He said that it either may be too early or I am in early stages of a miscarriage :-( That in itself scared me... He wants me to go back in 2 weeks for another scan to confirm either way...

This morning I woke up with with no pains what so ever but I had some light spotting. I know that with early pregnancy there can be light spotting but I am really getting concerned even more so now. So, my question is- should I wait for the 2 week scan update or is it best that I get a emergency scan on Tuesday?

With my last 3 pregnancies I never Najaf any of these issues so I have Jo idea what to expect especially as this pregnancy is my first set of twins...

Please help... TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi! I can't relate to what you are experiencing, but my instincts would tell me to make an appointment to go see my dr & see what they the come d you do.

Chances are it could be nothing to worry about, an too early to tell. But if it were me I would get checked by my go anyway.

Best of luck xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spelling!!! "See what they recommend you do" it was supposed to say!

mumbron is offline Actions speak louder than words!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my first scan at 8 weeks and two day's and with a internal ultrasound it was clear that I had twins on board good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it is mentally torturing you, go and get another scan. You may find it is not helpful and need to wait for one later on anyway. Ask for an internal scan, as they might pick up heartbeats more easily.
    I had a small bleed at 6 weeks and scan at 7 weeks which revealed 2 heartbeats. Bleed was likely from a subchrionic haematoma.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I think if you can then wait another week until your next scan. Did you have an internal scan on Thursday? If it was external only then it's highly likely they won't see a hb at 7 weeks. If it was internal then usually a hb is seen.
    To give yourself the best chance of a definitive answer, wait till you are 8 weeks. Hopefully a baby or two will be seen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. I went to see my doctor last night and he suggested that to get a better result unfortunately I will need to wait at least 2 weeks for my second scan. I had a external scan. I was initially offered a internal scan but a friend of mine told me that her doctor said that internal scans are not 100% safe but she could not remember why, so I was sceptical about having one. As much as I am worried about a internal can I am thinking that my next scan might be best done internally to get some more definite results

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The Doppler used with a internal Is no bigger then a large male part

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Internal scans are very safe, not pleasant but deffo safe!

I had a big bleed early in my pregnancy - that was confirmed by blood test. I had to wait 9 days for a scan to confirm the M/C that the doctor said I was having. Pure torture. When I went in for confirmation scan, they found two healthy heartbeats.

It is very common to have bleeding with twin pregnancies, so many of my friends have had it too. But they do make you wait to get a scan done, they want to make sure they are big enough to detect on a scan.