+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I dunno, I really don't see anything wrong with paying to read online? Newspapers were never free were they? I want to know that our journalists are still going to get paid and our industry won't go belly up- although that is looking more and more likely. Although I will say, I feel less than kind about the ones who are allowing the likes of Gina Rinedhart to buy shares. I think I would just stick with ABC myself!
    All of this. The quality of public debate is becoming appalling, when even previously reputable news agencies are 'reporting' 'news' sourced from social media and online sources like blogs with zero editorial or accountability. It's no wonder the political landscape is more and more obsessed with soundbites and personalities. We really are getting the leaders we deserve if we're willing to take our news from second and third rate sources, just because they are free of charge.

I have a vested interest as I have many friends in the industry- many of whom have had to take jobs in media relations and the like.

Something needs to change.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-06-2013),MissMuppet  (08-06-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    Go to the library and read it there?
    Also, with this- your library probably subscribes to many online news sources. Go to their webpage and you should be able to click through from their page if they do subscribe- you'll need to login without your library card number.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

beebs  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can still get on news.com.au and I haven't subscribed to anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmoduckus View Post
    I can still get on news.com.au and I haven't subscribed to anything
    Me too.