+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh and yes Pesca you will need to get a seat for your toddler, but surely you would have done this anyway for the sake of sanity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best! Was my motto when we flew to the uk with a 4 year old and 14 month old. They did amazing though and I would do it again despite it being a lot of work. Lots of good advice above.

-Be organised in your packing. We took two back packs, one with food and clothes, the other with toys etc. if you are travelling with liquid foods or water try and put them all in a clear zip lock bag together. They need to check liquids and you don't want to be rooting around in your bag whilst wrestling with three kids.
    - be smart in your choice of toys. Nothing like pencils that you are just going to pick off the floor a gazillion times. Pegs, food and sticking stickers on my 14 month old gave the most entertainment. Stock yourself with good games and songs to sing like round and round the garden, this little piggie, high five too slow etc as they come in handy.
    - the ergo baby carrier was a life saver.
    - so was the quick smart folding stroller
    - make friends with other parents on board as our kids played together which was really helpful and there is nothing better than another kids toy!
    - Take Panadol and nurophen. I didn't drug my kids with phenergan. But it was handy to have Panadol to relax them when their ears were bothering them.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all so very much for all the advice. It's all great and very helpful. I can't even imagine what the kids will be like, but I sure am hoping for the best that's for sure. I think from all the above I need to be super prepared but pretty easy about what happens along the way. The biggest worry I have is stopping at LA I think we might stop there over night. That place confuses me even when I have been on my own. I am excited about the trip just maybe not exactly the getting there :-) if anyone comes along after this please feel free to ad more advice you think I might need as I said its all welcome and has all been brilliant so far again thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    I don't think you will be allowed to fly by yourself with two under 2yo as both kids need to be attached to your seatbelt for take off and landing.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    You're correct R&A in terms of flying for free with me. I'd have to buy a seat for DS1, which I'd prefer to do anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    Oh and yes Pesca you will need to get a seat for your toddler, but surely you would have done this anyway for the sake of sanity.
    Yep definitely! If I go, it will be on the condition I have 2 seats. I'd have to anyway as they don't let you fly with 2 on your lap (not that I'd want to!).

So you fly regularly with both on your own? Which flight would you choose?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you mean which airline or time of day? I never fly tiger or jetstar due to horrific experiences which I cant risk a repeat of with kids in tow.

Time of day - I prefer morning. That way they will be fresh for checkin, etc, we probably arrive midday and they sleep in the hire car.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fly short trips with both on my own. The morning is the best time but lunch and afternoon are fine if ds 2 has had his mid day nap. I only fly qantas as we are gold members and get to use the lounges which is awesome. They are great with the kids and domestic has iPads in every seat now which is a bonus. I will fly jetstar if it is a lot cheaper and I'm not using ff points ( a lot of business travel) but I will not fly tiger if you paid me!
    LA stop over and go to Disney!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and one thing I forgot, with older toddlers the pull up style nappies are awesome for those quick tricky changes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm flying to England with an 8 month old so all of this is great advice I bought a 'skwish' which my baby loves and is nice and quiet. I was recommended it as a great toy on planes (and in general). I actually bought it from overseas online with some other toys for less than half the price

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also finger puppets/hand puppets are meant to be good too