+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you are in that much pain, I suggest you go and see a gyno who knows about sexual pain, and look at seeing a special womens physiotherapist. they can use ultrasound waves on the scar tissue and do other stuff to help out. I had to do this after I had my first son. It is not really normal to be so uncomfortable 6 months after the birth. I actually had to go on a medication for nerve pain for a while because of it. It did help a lot but it was really hard to find a doctor who actually knew how to help me. good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Can I also suggest (and this is probably tmi) trying with you on top, so you can control everything? I still find I have to be um... A bit bossy about how things are done to make sure I'm comfortable
    Ok, this is really getting tmi but, did it go in easier on top?? I find that the worst part. I feel like they've stitched me up too tight. Haha awesome Friday night conversation!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    If you are in that much pain, I suggest you go and see a gyno who knows about sexual pain, and look at seeing a special womens physiotherapist. they can use ultrasound waves on the scar tissue and do other stuff to help out. I had to do this after I had my first son. It is not really normal to be so uncomfortable 6 months after the birth. I actually had to go on a medication for nerve pain for a while because of it. It did help a lot but it was really hard to find a doctor who actually knew how to help me. good luck
    Thank you. Yes, I think I'll be going to get some help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook View Post
    It's very hard. I'm lucky my DH is understanding, but I know he's getting antsy. Like the ladies have said, lots of lube. Another friend told me to get drunk and just do it. If I wasn't breastfeeding I think that's what I would have done!!!! I think it's the first time that's the worst.
    So many women have this issue -re the dryness and pain. Lots of foreplay with no expectation helped, so did me being on top. Just keep talking to your partner about how you're feeling. FYI, I had no issues with my other two kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Breastfeeding can have a major impact. The lower oestrogen and progesterone can cause dryness. I had a c-sec 11 months ago and have still have pain so it's not necessarily related to having a vaginal birth. I'm still breastfeeding as well. I was having this very discussion tonight with a friend who's an ABA counsellor and apparently it's a common side effect from breastfeeding.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook View Post
    Ok, this is really getting tmi but, did it go in easier on top?? I find that the worst part. I feel like they've stitched me up too tight. Haha awesome Friday night conversation!!!!
    Lol! I don't know if it did or not, but it was just a little less daunting knowing exactly what was happening, and being able to stop or go slower whenever I needed to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If it feels too tight, maybe you should go and see a gynecologist, just to make sure they didn't slip in any extra stitches. My sil swears they stitched her too tight.