+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Pain 'down there' after giving birth

Good evening! I gave birth to my 10pound son 6 months ago. I was traumatised by the birth for different reasons and also suffered a second degree tear. DH and I have DTD a couple of times but each time It causes me so much pain. I feel as though he is tearing me in half. Now, I just don't want to DTD and poor DH doesn't like hurting me. Being my first born I have no idea if this is normal? If it is how long till it doesn't hurt anymore? Or should I be seeing a doctor?
    Thanks

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That doesn't sound normal hun. I'd go see your Dr. I hard 2nd degree tears too and it was really sore until about maybe 14 weeks post partum. And then in some positions it still felt a bit tender till fairly recently. And now it doesn't hurt, but I can definitely 'feel' where the stitches were sometimes if that makes sense. I don't think it should hurt so much that you can't enjoy it at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you use lots of lubricant? Were you um aroused enough if you know what i mean?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are you breast feeding? Sometimes breast feeding can affect your natural lubricant (sorry if that's a bit crass, tried to think of a better way to put it). I had an emergency c/s and I found DTD uncomfortable until recently, I'm breast feeding so need to use plenty of lube.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    After my first I needed heaps and heaps of lube. I'd had an episiotomy and I was mega scared, I don't think we even tried until four months later. Heaps of lube!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    That doesn't sound normal hun. I'd go see your Dr. I hard 2nd degree tears too and it was really sore until about maybe 14 weeks post partum. And then in some positions it still felt a bit tender till fairly recently. And now it doesn't hurt, but I can definitely 'feel' where the stitches were sometimes if that makes sense. I don't think it should hurt so much that you can't enjoy it at all.
    Thank you. It's good to hear from someone who had similar tears. I think I will go see my doc. We want to TTC number 2 soon but that won't happen if we can't get this sorted!!
    I understand how you can 'feel' where the stitches were. It's just not the same down there anymore!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Did you use lots of lubricant? Were you um aroused enough if you know what i mean?
    Haha yes. I pour almost the whole tube down there!!!! I'm getting too tense now because it hurts, so can't say I'm totally enjoying the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    After my first I needed heaps and heaps of lube. I'd had an episiotomy and I was mega scared, I don't think we even tried until four months later. Heaps of lube!
    I don't think being scared helps the situation either.

Quote Originally Posted by Smyles View Post
    Are you breast feeding? Sometimes breast feeding can affect your natural lubricant (sorry if that's a bit crass, tried to think of a better way to put it). I had an emergency c/s and I found DTD uncomfortable until recently, I'm breast feeding so need to use plenty of lube.
    Not crass as all, its facts!! Yes I'm breast feeding. I didn't know that that can happen. Interesting, thank you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bub is 4 1/2 months and was only 7lb 9 and I'm terrified! It puts a lot of strain on our relationship :-(

Sent from my ST25a using BubHub

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Can I also suggest (and this is probably tmi) trying with you on top, so you can control everything? I still find I have to be um... A bit bossy about how things are done to make sure I'm comfortable

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by miraclemakers View Post
    My bub is 4 1/2 months and was only 7lb 9 and I'm terrified! It puts a lot of strain on our relationship :-(

Sent from my ST25a using BubHub
    It's very hard. I'm lucky my DH is understanding, but I know he's getting antsy. Like the ladies have said, lots of lube. Another friend told me to get drunk and just do it. If I wasn't breastfeeding I think that's what I would have done!!!! I think it's the first time that's the worst.