+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep I get this. Apparently I have DH of the year as he takes DS out to the supermarket early on a Sat.

And don't get me started on the "working mum" comments while DH has never once been called a working dad. Hello??? We are co-parents!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    DP sort of gets the opposite and while he doesn't mind, it makes me furious. He often gets comments from 'well meaning' strangers about hid parenting skills.
    Eg- we were at a bbq in a park a while ago and DS was running around barefoot. I was chasing him around for a good hour or so, then DP took over. He comes back 15 minutes later red faced and asking for his shoes because someone had told him off for letting his kid go barefoot because a father couldnt possibly have a clue how to parent their own child. It happens alll the time.
    Yes, see that's the other side of the coin isn't it , and I'm guilty of that with my husband . Mums are 100% trusted and poor old dads get doubled checked all the time .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My pet hate at the moment was MIL saying that DH was "babysitting" DS on Saturday - um no he's not, you can't babysit your own child.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-06-2013),ICanDream  (07-06-2013),moongazer  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    ooohhh babysitting. That really sh*ts me. You don't babysit your own child!!!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-06-2013),LoveLivesHere  (07-06-2013),Mathermy  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The babysitting thing annoys me beyond belief!!!

DH gets comments from both aides of the fence, he's been praised and e has been in the same situation as FLs DP.

Meh ya never win

Me(21)+DH(25)+DS(4)+DD(2)
    Sent from my ... Using the.... Does it even really matter

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum is the worst offender at this. She is always saying isn't it great that DH gets them out the bath and cleans their teeth. Isn't it great he does ... Blah blah blah.... But we both have had busy days , both see it as a dual responsibility so we can get at least an hour of us time in before sleeping.

Poor mum really did everything . Dad went to work 9-5 and then we saw him until maybe 7pm when he promptly left mum with us kids whilst he visited his local pub until last order pretty much every night ! So my mum just thinks I've bagged myself the most modernist man in the entire world!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes to everything above!!!

My DH is great, really great, but honestly I'd like praise for "babysitting" my DD too!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSS For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-06-2013)

Mod-biscotti is online now Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Ah yes, very timely for this household.

One of our children has been quite unwell for sometime (and has had a short hospital stay). I have taken many unpaid leave days from work to be at home with her and DH has taken one day of paid leave and one afternoon (when I was absolutely stuck), and apparently this is just sooooo amazzzzzing of him and makes him such a fabullloooouuus Dad.
    Um hello

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep that is what I get, if I ask DH to go out to the supermarket to get something and if he takes all 3 children I hear how unfair it is that he took them all and how lucky I am but no one ever says it when I do a whole grocery shop with all 3. It was the same when each baby was born people would always say "beautiful baby well done" to him and I am like "hey what about me, you know the one that carried him/her for 9 months then gave birth to them" I know I am lucky to have a loving, supportive, hard working husband who is also a wonderful father but what about me isn't he even slightly lucky?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep it ****s me. But never happens as my DH is a lazy **** and never does anything on his own with the kids...... Oh but he cooks dinner so he must be husband/father of the year.....

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mum2EandR For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-06-2013),Cicho  (07-06-2013)